• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

LAC at KCC Game Week 3 Discussion

I was happy to see KC lose the the Chiefs yesterday as a loss always helps us. But disappointed that they lost right before playing us. I believe they will come out more motivated after losing.

Hopefully the Bolts come out motivated next week after that undisciplined mess yesterday..
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Same thing as last week. Can't leave points on the field. RZ offense.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

One of these teams will be 1 - 2 after Sunday. I would have never thought that.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        And Raiders and Broncos on top. Everyone was saying Raiders will suck this year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

And Raiders and Broncos on top. Everyone was saying Raiders will suck this year.
          Its early but the Raiders have two good wins

The Broncos have played two of the worst teams in the NFL. Wins are wins though

Chargers need to be more efficient in the red zone; commit fewer penalties and when they have a chance at a turnover, need to get the fumble, catch the interception. And special teams needs to play cleaner.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            I was happy to see KC lose the the Chiefs yesterday as a loss always helps us. But disappointed that they lost right before playing us. I believe they will come out more motivated after losing.

Hopefully the Bolts come out motivated next week after that undisciplined mess yesterday..
            I agree...... i also assume if Staley is the coach we are hoping he is, that the Chargers will come out extremely intense and focused on not making mental blunders and penalties......

Even though the Chiefs are a great team, unlike the first 2 teams we played, they are not a strong running team. I think Chargers are better defending the pass than defending the run...... so Chargers should play much better, win or lose, than they have the first 2 weeks.

And Even though Herbert has been amazingly machine like throwing short and medium range passes and some deeper bullets across field in medium range, we have not attempted even one single deep bomb 9-route/fly pattern or post pattern like we did last year so many times to get defenses to back off..... We need to heave up at least a couple a game to keep defense honest and to score quickly instead of always depending on a long 8-12 play dink and dunk scoring drive. Those long dink and dunk drives are nice but they REQUIRE that you play nearly PERFECTLY.... any stupid penalty 10 yards or more will likely kill the drive..... or make a turnover or other mistake more likely.....

Chargers cannot continue to waste 1/2 a quarter on a long drive that does not score a TD. Twenty points or less will not win many games in todays NFL....

I realize that a large part of this system is from NO but with Brees there they were among the very very best at scoring TD's once in the red zone...... and it will take time for our offense to mature to the point where we score TD's most of the time when we reach red zone...... I'm not sure how long will that take?

Last year, it seems from my memory that we scored most or a large number of our TD's from outside of the redone......reversing that like we are trying to do will eventually make us more consistent in the long run and against better teams, but right now our redzone offense is not consistently good....

I think we actually match up better against KC with James covering Kelsey and Samuel covering Hill(with double help on key situations) than against cowboys or WTF, because Chiefs are not a big running team..... they want to pass and pass and pass..... but they are extremely fast at all skill positions...... and we MUST keep Mahomes in the pocket..... most of his big runs or throws against Chargers have come after he escapes the pocket to buy time for his speedy receivers to get wide open.......

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

How can we beat the Chiefs? It would help if Tillery was a tougher stronger lineman versus the run. That would help a lot. Also would help if Michael Davis was tougher playing the run for the instances when he plays more run support. Popper mentioned that both these players had trouble yesterday. And what about Murray? He seemed to not wrap up when he made contact with a ball-carrier. Murray is another one that needs to show more toughness versus the run (make more first contact tackles and don't get pushed around). When I saw the Raiders game before ours I saw our old friend Darius Philon making plays along the LOS that our guys have real trouble with. So maybe another part of the answer is to hold onto tough players when you have them. In that vain I'm kind of confused on why Forrest Merrill was left off the active list yesterday. Merrill plays tough at the LOS. He doesn't easily get pushed around...even by double-teams! To me he is exactly what we need more of to stop the run.

One more thing we need to improve on to have any chance of beating the Chiefs is stop making so many fucking penalties. I hope our players look at the penalties - and own them - and don't repeat them again instead of playing the blame game with the refs. That's NOT how you learn.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

If the Chargers play anything like they have played the first two weeks, it will get ugly.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  I expect it will be us that is 1-2. Not terribly surprising given the new coaching staff and lack of depth in some areas still, but still disappointing.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I expect it will be us that is 1-2. Not terribly surprising given the new coaching staff and lack of depth in some areas still, but still disappointing.
                    Agreed, but I've always been a pessimist. As mentioned above, KC - at home - will be doubly motivated after a gut-wrenching loss to the Ravens last night. In fact, the next three games will be telling, with the Raiders and Browns following the Chiefs. 1-4 is going to look terrible; and I'm sure the first "Fire Staley!" thread will be racking up responses if that were to happen. But this could be the toughest 3-game stretch on our schedule.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Agreed, but I've always been a pessimist. As mentioned above, KC - at home - will be doubly motivated after a gut-wrenching loss to the Ravens last night. In fact, the next three games will be telling, with the Raiders and Browns following the Chiefs. 1-4 is going to look terrible; and I'm sure the first "Fire Staley!" thread will be racking up responses if that were to happen. But this could be the toughest 3-game stretch on our schedule.
                      gotta win some against tough opponents or we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. gotta stop defeating ourselves. staley will use this loss to gain some control over the wildlings!

:beer:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

We lost too. We also will come out more motivated. At least i believe we will with Staley.

Comment

Working...
                        X