• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Just need to knock that MFer on his a** a bunch of times

(And I use the term MFer as the ultimate sign of respect )
    Never understood why motherfucker is such a derogatory term/word.

Calling Pat a motherfucker is simply a true statement. He is and does in both adjective and verb forms.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Also need to be able to pressure Maholmes up the middle and nobody on this dline will be able to do that
      I don’t know about pressure up the middle. He’s not a statue in the pocket like Rivers. It’s more about keeping him contained in the pocket since he can make off platform throws outside it. The Bucs were able to beat KC because they got pressure with only 4 while having everyone else in coverage. And that’s only because KC had no OL in the SB. Things are different now.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He's the guy as far as talent. Not sure he's the vocal guy who's going to call people out
        He doesn’t need to be a vocal guy and call people out. There have been winning SB QBs who lead by example without being loud.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          We have to score when we're in the red zone. The only way we win this one is to outscore them because we won't stop that offense.

If they don't help Norton, the Chiefs will move Jones over him and it will be brutal. If they do help Norton and we don't blow it with penalties, we are capable of scoring on this team and doing it by eating clock and keeping the Chief's best players on the sidelines. But, we have to score TD's in the RZ, not FG's. Don't know if our guys can it, but that's what it will take.
          Far and away the Chargers biggest problem is offensive scoring. Our D hasn't been pretty but does not allow many points.
          I doubt KC can break 30 vs LAC D.
          LAC's O is a pathetic red zone mess.
          We have a LOT to clean up on O if we're going to beat the officials at Arrowhead.
          I don't think we can. KC 27 - LAC 13

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Never understood why motherfucker is such a derogatory term/word.

Calling Pat a motherfucker is simply a true statement. He is and does in both adjective and verb forms.
            Mahomes is like that old song by Isaac Hayes about John Shaft

He's a complicated man no one understands him but his woman

He's one bad Muther.... (shut your mouth)

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Also need to be able to pressure Maholmes up the middle and nobody on this dline will be able to do that
              Our LB can do that once the DL knows how to do stunts correctly.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Far and away the Chargers biggest problem is offensive scoring. Our D hasn't been pretty but does not allow many points.
                I doubt KC can break 30 vs LAC D.
                LAC's O is a pathetic red zone mess.
                We have a LOT to clean up on O if we're going to beat the officials at Arrowhead.
                I don't think we can. KC 27 - LAC 13

Our defense has been way over rated for several years because our offense tends to focus primarily on TOP, so whether we score or not, we burn up or waste alot of clock which limits number of possessions for both sides and keeps total score lower...... Our defense also has been designed to "prevent" the big plays(even though we still gave up big plays whenever the opposition really needed them) but really we just let teams run and "concede" most of the short passes..... so our opponents possess the ball for long periods whether they score or not..... therefore both teams are artificially keeping the number of possessions and total score down(as long as there are not a bunch of turnovers).....

This new offense is actually far more consistent and "efficient" than our previous offenses, BUT being super efficient means we must be nearly perfect and mistake free as in no stupid penalties, no drops, no fumbles..... etc..... if Chargers were nearly perfect on offense the last 2 weeks we would have scored over 30 points per game.... and we would be 2-0..... but we weren't close to mistake free so we almost lost week one and lost week 2.... Dallas game was only close because they made a bunch of penalties too.....

Many of the media who did not watch the games simply blame Herbert for having 4 turnovers this year..... none mention that the 25 yard fumble week one was totally bogus..... they also dont mention KA falling down causing the end zone pick..... Herbert has been playing brilliantly so far.....

The good news is that the mistakes we have made that lost against Dallas and almost lost to Wash, are actually small details and should be fixable..... and we are entering week 3 so there are alot of games to play and improve in....

Chiefs are next up and at least they are not a dominating power running team like DAL and WASH...... so win or lose we will match up better......

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Be a good test of our D, both WFT and Dallas were held to a third fewer points than their other games this season respectively. If we can correct the mistakes on O and find the end zone, AND limit KC’s O like we did WFT and Dallas, to around 21 points, we can make this upset happen.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

But our poor run defense made Pollard look like an All Pro. I can assure you that if we are that porous on run D, that the Chiefs will exploit it.
                    Yep, Reid will spread them out and run at will. Desperately need Justin Jones back and need to sustain long drives on offense to have a chance. Chiefs won't screw up 2 weeks in a row.

Comment

• SBbound
                      Casual fanatic
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Merced/San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Mahomes is like that old song by Isaac Hayes about John Shaft

He's a complicated man no one understands him but his woman

He's one bad Muther.... (shut your mouth)
                      Speaking of John Shaft, I'd like to see more of Roundtree.

I'd also like to see Merrill called up. Maybe for the Browns?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Speaking of John Shaft, I'd like to see more of Roundtree.

I'd also like to see Merrill called up. Maybe for the Browns?
                        nice segway on the first - well done

and with the way the run defense is - could he be worse

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t know about pressure up the middle. He’s not a statue in the pocket like Rivers. It’s more about keeping him contained in the pocket since he can make off platform throws outside it. The Bucs were able to beat KC because they got pressure with only 4 while having everyone else in coverage. And that’s only because KC had no OL in the SB. Things are different now.
                          The team has lacked pass rush on the interior for a while now. The last good pass rushers we had in the middle were Liuget and Philon who is with the Raiders now. The best pass rusher we have in the middle currently is Tillery, but he is not giving people anything to be pleased about. I can't tell if he's just doing badly or if he's being a shill for opposing teams.

BS and TT need to address this. Bosa has carried the DL these last couple of years and he needs help. The DL must be invested in just like the OL was invested in. I am so tired of watching a DL that easily gets pushed around.

Comment

Working...
                          X