• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hold KC to 20 points like we did Dallas and rushing yards will be their consolation prize.
    ...If our offense figures how to score red zone TDs. We have been near league worst at scoring offense. With the talent on LAC's O, it's hard to believe that they won't break through their 20 pt ceiling sooner or later. Preferably vs KC.
    not a chance to hold them to 20(unless their entire OL goes down like before the SB)..... KC averages over 30 under Reid. when they have an OL and they have a very good one...... the way to beat chiefs is to OUTSCORE them.....

Interesting that neither team can stop the run BUT neither team is strong at running the ball so neither team can likely take advantage of that weakness..... if either team could, they could increase odds of winning greatly ..... if Chargers can suddenly figure out how to run, we could control the clock, and score TD's on long time consuming drives..... as long as we also play perfectly with no drive killing penalties or turnovers..... When you score quickly with big plays you can afford a mistake or 2 but not when you milk the clock with long drivers......

If on the other hand, the Chargers find a way to crank up the offense and start scoring TD's and lots of them, then we would have the best shot to beat them..... As long as we can block the chiefs pass rush, we should be able to score lots of points because Chiefs cannot cover or tackle well..... but that also means eliminating stupid penalties.....

and on defense we MUST keep mahomes IN THE POCKET...... if we let him scramble around, Hill and their other blazing fast receivers will burn us deep and often.....we cannot let hill end up being covered by a LBer, like happened at least once every time we play them with Gus as DC......

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      This feels to me a little like the 2006 season, early on. We were still figuring out the character of the team. We didn't know whether Rivers was the real deal, he was just starting his playing career. They won the first two games by a combined 60 points, then lost to the Ravens by three in Week 3. We also had a rookie starting right away at left tackle. After falling to 2-1, they won the next two games fairly convincingly, then lost to the Chiefs by 3 to fall to 4-2. But then they didn't lose again and set a franchise record with 14 wins, including back-to-back insane comeback wins in Denver and Cincy.
      I wish I felt like that.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We better hope Mahomes doesn't get hurt! :tongue:
        that is funny...... but sadly really not....... Reid has dominated the AFC West no matter what QB he has had..... even beat Chargers starters (in a game that would put Chargers into playoffs) with backups and chase Daniel..... Reid just out coaches the AFC West teams..... hopefully Staley changes that.... so they dont have to do so much "unpacking" after the game.....

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Game Day Thread, Let's Effin GO!!!!!
          let's speak it into existence
          in a surprise upset, Chargers get their first dominating win over the favored KC Chiefs
          Herbert with 2 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD and 0 ints
          31-13 Bolts!!
          .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
          .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
          .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
          .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
          .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
          .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
          .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
          .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
          .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            Working a trick play into tomorrow’s game plan
            would not disappoint me.
            Works for me. Fake punt. Fake FG. Our RB’s can’t pass worth a damn, so, forget that. Is Jared Cook even mildly jazzing anyone so far?

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Officiating crew this game.

“So far this season, Hochuli’s crew has called the second-most penalties in the league with 33 penalties through two weeks of play. A total of eight of those penalties have been offensive holding penalties, which is something to watch for Kansas City. So far this season they’ve only twice been flagged for offensive holding, but opponents have been flagged four times. Hochuli’s crew has also called four defensive pass interference penalties and four false starts so far this season.”

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

My prediction:

Chiefs 33
                Bolts 27

But I also predict Bolts 12-5 record in 2022 with great chance @ Super Bowl. Just missing some needed pieces right now. Looking forward to an entertaining game.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
                  My prediction:

Chiefs 33
                  Bolts 27

But I also predict Bolts 12-5 record in 2022 with great chance @ Super Bowl. Just missing some needed pieces right now. Looking forward to an entertaining game.

Score...27 -21 Chiefs. 1:30 seconds for Bolts to win it with a TD and extra point. OMG! YES!...Flag. Not even near the play. DOH!!!!
                  "
                  Final score, Chiefs 27, Chargers 21. Staley has no impact on disciplined play. Player in question shrugs it off. "Meh, I'm what you've got, deal with it."

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Lombardi looked stressed / pissed during last presser I hope he will be smiling during next one after outscoring KC this today.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      Works for me. Fake punt. Fake FG. Our RB’s can’t pass worth a damn, so, forget that. Is Jared Cook even mildly jazzing anyone so far?
                      Flea flicker?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Officiating crew this game.

“So far this season, Hochuli’s crew has called the second-most penalties in the league with 33 penalties through two weeks of play. A total of eight of those penalties have been offensive holding penalties, which is something to watch for Kansas City. So far this season they’ve only twice been flagged for offensive holding, but opponents have been flagged four times. Hochuli’s crew has also called four defensive pass interference penalties and four false starts so far this season.”
                        Oh sh*t we are screwed. We will probably see more phantom calls on this game than last week to hand Chefs the game.

Comment

• AZBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

The scheme that Staley used to forge #1 defense in NFL last year...don't use it.

:umno:
                          Our Defense fricken stinks.....still happy with Hill/Staley scheme? I'm sure not

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍