Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did have some knack for interceptions especially against the Colts. What I remember most about him is his personal problems in terms of multiple children with multiple mothers...but whatever..if the voters think so its no concern of mine. I did not realize he had that great a career. Maybe so.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Who the hell even put his name out there for consideration? A field goal attempt run back for a touchdown. Not a lot else. Gets my vote for the NFL player with the most kids outta wedlock award.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
        While he had some great plays for the highlight reel, he was not known for his tackling skills.
        Neither was Deion Sanders....

Not comparing the two but just saying that tackling isn't the only reason Cromartie would be disqualified from HOF. Cromartie had a few great seasons but that's it. He's no where near HOF worthy.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

You make your judgement based on highlights huh? He doesnt have stats because they never threw to his side, that's why he was so invislble.

But neither I'm saying he is a HOF, I'm just saying he was a remarkable CB that nobody really paid much attention.
          So couldn't you say the same for true greats? Yet they have the stats to back it up. That is flawed logic.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Deon was #24 all time interceptions, Cro tied for #187. Deon was a better returner. Deon was a Cowboy. Deon was a bit overrated.

Its hard no on Cro.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

If you watch Cromartie's best plays, then he is a HOF worthy guy. When you factor in all the bad plays, not so much.

Deon was not a very good tackler, but he is one of the greatest coverage guys off all time. Year in and year out, he was always a shutdown CB.

Cromartie developed into a good coverage guy for us, then he let it get to his head and was inconsistent the rest of his career. If he had been a great tackler and blitzer who returned a lot of kicks, then maybe he would still be under HOF consideration. But he was not used as a return guy that much, and he was mostly a poor tackler.

His cousin should get some HOF consideration, but besides a little mention, I don't see how Antonio is a serious candidate.

Comment

Working...
              X