• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Allen won't be here forever.
    I'd like to see Allen do what Gates did, and play his entire career for the Chargers. He is 29 this year, but Allen is not the type of player who relies on youthful attributes - mainly speed - to be successful. He plays a cerebral game, and that kind of WR generally have longer careers.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We have plenty of cap flexibility going into next year. I say the default should be to franchise him if continues to perform and a deal can't be reached. As s to the Spanos family, the TV deal at this point makes so much money that there shouldn't be a problem paying the payroll of any team even if they are making out the salary cap.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Also, we've got a stud QB on a rookie deal...now is the time to shell out the cash and max out our talent.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The haircut seemed to signify a more serious focus on Mike William's part;
          not that he wasn't a hard worker the previous years.
          Agree. It’s his “all business” look.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The haircut seemed to signify a more serious focus on Mike William's part;
            not that he wasn't a hard worker the previous years.
            Not sure a haircut indicates anything.
            At some point its just a pain in the ass to have that much......but i still encourage ALL women to leave it be. Dont like short hair on women.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'd like to see Allen do what Gates did, and play his entire career for the Chargers. He is 29 this year, but Allen is not the type of player who relies on youthful attributes - mainly speed - to be successful. He plays a cerebral game, and that kind of WR generally have longer careers.
              He'll be almost 35 before Slater's rookie deal ends.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

What are your thoughts on Mike Williams now? Am I the only one who was a bit surprised by the speed display he put on after the catch on that 53-yd game winner Sun night. He obliterated the angle of pursuit of the Pitt DB who tried to catch him. Mike is not particularly shifty like Keenan, but he is faster than I thought. As for signing him to a new contract, I think it's going to be a wait and see situation, evaluate him and what he brings to the offense at the end of the season. Though he could become very expensive if he balls out the rest of the season and into the playoffs. But he's been hot and cold and hot again this year, so it's hard to really evaluate him at this point.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  What are your thoughts on Mike Williams now? Am I the only one who was a bit surprised by the speed display he put on after the catch on that 53-yd game winner Sun night. He obliterated the angle of pursuit of the Pitt DB who tried to catch him. Mike is not particularly shifty like Keenan, but he is faster than I thought. As for signing him to a new contract, I think it's going to be a wait and see situation, evaluate him and what he brings to the offense at the end of the season. Though he could become very expensive if he balls out the rest of the season and into the playoffs. But he's been hot and cold and hot again this year, so it's hard to really evaluate him at this point.
                  Not sure why some are surprised at his speed. He ran a 4.49.

As for a contract, id welcome him back for sure but i think it depends on Mike and where he wants to be. Is he good with Herbert as his QB and being in LA or does he want something else? Some players make the mistake of thinking elsewhere will be better for them.

He will have many pursuers for sure if we dont resign him. If we dont they better have a backup plan like Adams and then draft another.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As for a contract, id welcome him back for sure but i think it depends on Mike and where he wants to be. Is he good with Herbert as his QB and being in LA or does he want something else? Some players make the mistake of thinking elsewhere will be better for them.

He will have many pursuers for sure if we dont resign him. If we dont they better have a backup plan like Adams and then draft another.
                    He ran a 4.54 at his Pro Day. https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=27001

But I think he displayed 4.4ish speed on that play Sun night. I just never though of him as possessing much speed. It was good to see him run like that.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

A real-time, sortable list of active NFL contracts including total value, guaranteed money, and complete salary breakdowns.

Keenan is at #5 and Mike Will is #32.

Let's view this from the perspective of asset allocation. Having two $20 million dollar receivers on the roster, that is risky asset allocation, IMO.

Look at the list of rookies from Mike Will at #32 on down and the bang-for-the-buck they are producing on their rookie deals. I think they let Mike Will test the free agent waters and let him walk and address the WR in the 1st Round. I would trade that production for Jameson Williams or John Metchie at WR and feel comfortable at the WR position.

I would reallocate that $10 million per year to the defensive interior, sign free agent Akiem Hicks to a two-year deal for $9.5 per year, and draft DT in the 2nd Round. I am still concerned about RT. Counting on Bryan Bulaga's health is a terrible idea. Trade up into the 2nd Round and select an OT to replace Bulaga?

Jameson Williams became the first Tide player in with four receiving touchdowns of at least 75 yards in a single season for Alabama. Namath nor Ken Stabler had that.
                      My point is to give Justin Herbert a true home-run hitter to grow old w/ who has a more friendly contract than Mike Williams can demand on the open market.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

Keenan is at #5 and Mike Will is #32.

Let's view this from the perspective of asset allocation. Having two $20 million dollar receivers on the roster, that is risky asset allocation, IMO.

Look at the list of rookies from Mike Will at #32 on down and the bang-for-the-buck they are producing on their rookie deals. I think they let Mike Will test the free agent waters and let him walk and address the WR in the 1st Round. I would trade that production for Jameson Williams or John Metchie at WR and feel comfortable at the WR position.

I would reallocate that $10 million per year to the defensive interior, sign free agent Akiem Hicks to a two-year deal for $9.5 per year, and draft DT in the 2nd Round. I am still concerned about RT. Counting on Bryan Bulaga's health is a terrible idea. Trade up into the 2nd Round and select an OT to replace Bulaga?

Jameson Williams became the first Tide player in with four receiving touchdowns of at least 75 yards in a single season for Alabama. Namath nor Ken Stabler had that.
                        My point is to give Justin Herbert a true home-run hitter to grow old w/ who has a more friendly contract than Mike Williams can demand on the open market.

This all makes sense to me.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You've framed it well. What does Mike want? To be a $20 million dollar #1 WR in Carolina, his hometown being Holly Hill, South Carolina, might appeal to him.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍