Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Get Mike Williams Signed To a New Contract Now

Mike Williams has underperformed for his draft position. There are several WRs drafted below him in 2017 who have been better. But even though he's somewhat of a disappointment, I've always liked him. I've always considered him a stud, and I like his attitude. Maybe it has taken Lombardi/Staley to figure out how to get the most out of him. But so far this season, he is showing why he was drafted at No. 7 overall. I was a little nervous about the decision not to resign before the start of this season. But I think TT has to reach out to his agent now and open negotiations for a new contract. What do you think?
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

WR Mike Williams is going be allowed to part in free agency, the Chargers just put the Chiefs in last place in the division and the Chargers are going places in the playoffs. I'm more concerned we need a new RT to replace Bryan Bulaga who is starting to breakdown. Bryan will be back this season, but let's let Mike shine like a comet his last season w/ the Chargers. He knows he's going to hit a major payday and he's thrilled. Mike Williams was slow into his production curve. Chargers staff are betting Josh won't, IMO.

#5 Josh is going to replace Mike.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      WR Mike Williams is going be allowed to part in free agency, the Chargers just put the Chiefs in last place in the division and the Chargers are going places in the playoffs. I'm more concerned we need a new RT to replace Bryan Bulaga who is starting to breakdown. Bryan will be back this season, but let's let Mike shine like a comet his last season w/ the Chargers. He knows he's going to hit a major payday and he's thrilled. Mike Williams was slow into his production curve. Chargers staff are betting Josh won't, IMO.

#5 Josh is going to replace Mike.
      Palmer didn't have a target today I don't think. I see Palmer for a replacement for Tyron Johnson more than Williams.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Not picking up the 5th year is the sign as a franchise-type player, you have been weighed and found wanting and you are not long for this team.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Certainly seems like he’s a lot more than the deep jump ball receiver that he was exclusively used as the first 4 years of his career. It’s almost like the previous coaching staff didn’t know what they were doing.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Not picking up the 5th year is the sign as a franchise-type player, you have been weighed and found wanting and you are not long for this team.
            Williams is playing out his 5th year option now, right?

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Williams is playing out his 5th year option now, right?
              Yes

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

Mike Williams has underperformed for his draft position. There are several WRs drafted below him in 2017 who have been better. But even though he's somewhat of a disappointment, I've always liked him. I've always considered him a stud, and I like his attitude. Maybe it has taken Lombardi/Staley to figure out how to get the most out of him. But so far this season, he is showing why he was drafted at No. 7 overall. I was a little nervous about the decision not to resign before the start of this season. But I think TT has to reach out to his agent now and open negotiations for a new contract. What do you think?
                DITTO....

I have been a big critic of MW. But if this new offense features him. I am all for and I am all for getting himi signed as well.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Palmer didn't have a target today I don't think. I see Palmer for a replacement for Tyron Johnson more than Williams.
                  That's got nothing to do with Mike Williams' production day. Mikey had the hot hand. I see Palmer being the new #2 next season, he's twitchier than Mike, and you don't hold your breath when comes he down hard, because he doesn't have that big frame like Mike does.

Second, look at the way New Orleans maintained their offense: they made tough decisions with the salary cap and maintained a high level of production, and IMO, Mike doesn't fit the quick twitch, fast break pace, ideal for the that system.

From Ed McGuire's standpoint, the books are closed on Mike. Everything is of course, my squirrelly conjecture, as I am on a post game high.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Owes us a discount.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

I still would take TJ over Guyton. But I'm not going rag on it.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

MikeDub is playing on his 5th year option.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂