FAPbNDmXoAEP85D.jpeg

GAMEBALL: Mike Williams

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Mike Williams has underperformed for his draft position. There are several WRs drafted below him in 2017 who have been better. But even though he's somewhat of a disappointment, I've always liked him. I've always considered him a stud, and I like his attitude. Maybe it has taken Lombardi/Staley to figure out how to get the most out of him. But so far this season, he is showing why he was drafted at No. 7 overall. I was a little nervous about the decision not to resign before the start of this season. But I think TT has to reach out to his agent now and open negotiations for a new contract. What do you think?
      I'd sure like to keep Mike Will, IF we can afford him...but let's at LEAST see if he gets through the season mostly healthy before we throw bank at him...

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Postgame, the pundits on TV were saying the Chiefs need a big wr like MWill. He gets respect somewhere
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Palmer didn't have a target today I don't think. I see Palmer for a replacement for Tyron Johnson more than Williams.
          Palmer most definitely not a replacement for Johnson. Two totally different WR's.
          As for not getting any looks, it's because he plays behind MW.....the man he's been drafted to replace next year.
          No way Mike opens talks now. He'll wait until after he's put up HUGE numbers this year.
          How's the compensation pick work? More money your guy signs for, the higher the pick, right?

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

MW is going to be a top 3 WR in the league this year if he maintains his current pace. Staley called him the best player on the field today. Lynn wasted him. Now we see who he is. I’d extend him right now

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Postgame, the pundits on TV were saying the Chiefs need a big wr like MWill. He gets respect somewhere
              They never said that when they were beating everybody with speed, now they need a big WR?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Palmer most definitely not a replacement for Johnson. Two totally different WR's.
                As for not getting any looks, it's because he plays behind MW.....the man he's been drafted to replace next year.
                No way Mike opens talks now. He'll wait until after he's put up HUGE numbers this year.
                How's the compensation pick work? More money your guy signs for, the higher the pick, right?
                Not a bad point...if Mike Will has a 1,000+ yd. season and signs a big bank deal, I think we get a 3rd round comp pick for him...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I'd bet if we lose MW to FA'cy we will surely draft another WR. Not sure Palmer is the guy to do it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not a bad point...if Mike Will has a 1,000+ yd. season and signs a big bank deal, I think we get a 3rd round comp pick for him...
                    Another McKitty and Pipkens is waiting for Telesco open armed with that draft slot.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I don’t want a 3rd round comp pick. I want a big receiver that averages 15 ypc+ per catch.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I wouldn't trade him for a third round pick. Third round comp picks are bottom of the round picks. Lot's of season left though and who knows where Mdub will be at year's end. Maybe they could sign and trade for another first? Maybe he'll have a peg leg by then.
                        Wait and see.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          MW is going to be a top 3 WR in the league this year if he maintains his current pace. Staley called him the best player on the field today. Lynn wasted him. Now we see who he is. I’d extend him right now
                          MW is putting up big boy numbers.

Daniel Popper

@danielrpopper
                          Mike Williams on the season:
                          22 catches (tied for 3rd in NFL)
                          295 receiving yards (2nd)
                          4 TDs (tied for 1st)

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀