• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig440
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Guyton should have caught that long one in the end zone before the half. MWill would have caught that. I think TBilly would have caught it.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Allen is going to be double teamed in every game until we can find enough other help that teams can't afford to do that. Whether it is Williams, Palmer, Guyton, Parham or Austin ... someone needs to step up and be that/those guy(s). KC is impossible to stop because they have too many weapons. We need to be in the same boat.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

None of the other receivers besides Allen and Williams get open.

Guyton is fast but he doesn’t use the speed to actually get open.

Palmer hasn’t done anything in the reg season after having been crowned in training camp and preseason.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

First time I seen MW team leader in receiving yards.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Allen is going to be double teamed in every game until we can find enough other help that teams can't afford to do that. Whether it is Williams, Palmer, Guyton, Parham or Austin ... someone needs to step up and be that/those guy(s). KC is impossible to stop because they have too many weapons. We need to be in the same boat.
            KC really only throws it two players - Kelso and Hill. Their other receivers are nothing special. But, those two are among the best in the league. I think our one and two match up well compared to the Chiefs. We lack the TE and Guyton simply doesn't get open enough and has the drops. I won't be surprised if they look for a WR next off-season to replace Guyton.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

KC really only throws it two players - Kelso and Hill. Their other receivers are nothing special. But, those two are among the best in the league. I think our one and two match up well compared to the Chiefs. We lack the TE and Guyton simply doesn't get open enough and has the drops. I won't be surprised if they look for a WR next off-season to replace Guyton.
              The positions they play don't matter that much. Kelce is called a TE, but he spends most of his game split out like a WR, just like Gates did. You can call those guys TE, but they are receivers, regardless of what label you hang on the position. It all comes down to math.

Defenses, whether they are a 43 or 34, nickle, dime or quarters, rush 4 guys in their primary rushers, with 7 guys in coverage. There are 5 eligible receivers, so the D has 2 "extra" players. If an offense has 1 guy who you have to double, then they only have 1 extra defender. If you have 2 guys, then you don't have any extra. Actually a D does, but they are gambling when they leave the guy who needs 2 defenders on them when they only use 1. That means every time you blitz, or try and run a trap on a receiver or spy the QB, they are playing with fire.

If a 3rd or 4th guy can develop so they need to be doubled too, then the D has to play on their back foot and everyone is afraid to do too much. That is where we need to go. We need players who can get open on any given play, especially when they aren't doubled. Then they can only react to what we do, they cannot dictate to us. Right now, Keenan is the only guy who is at that level, and that includes Williams.

Williams was very productive today, but it may have had something to do with KC missing 2 CB. One guy went out early and the other early in the 2nd half. Williams was beating non-starters (remember nickle cb are starters), and the 2nd and 3rd CB for KC went out. Yeah, Williams took over and beat KC today, but can he do it against true starting caliber CB? He is doing better, but he still needs to pick his game up. He is close, but not there yet.

We are only 3 games into a 17 game season. It is going to depend on who, if anyone steps up. We can talk about it all we want, but at this point, we are guessing. It will be up to the players to step up or not. I can still see Williams being kept next season, with Allen, and the idea that we want Palmer or Guyton to be the #3 guy.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Having a competent HC changes everything
                like I said when he got hired, everyone has a new opportunity to rewrite their narratives
                that's what made this offseason less interactive for me because I had to suspend previous assumptions about al players, good and bad.
                Mike is obviously a great value moving forward so I trust Staley and Telesco and Mcguire to put their heads together and make Mike's agent a competitive offer.
                .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I wouldn't trade him for a third round pick. Third round comp picks are bottom of the round picks. Lot's of season left though and who knows where Mdub will be at year's end. Maybe they could sign and trade for another first? Maybe he'll have a peg leg by then.
                  Wait and see.
                  What I'm saying is, if we can't work out a deal with Mike Will, at least we stand to get nice comp for him if he goes FA...OR, what about franchising him?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Another McKitty and Pipkens is waiting for Telesco open armed with that draft slot.
                    Or a solid DL...

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post
                      Owes us a discount.
                      Not really. He doesn't create the offensive scheme and call the plays. He's habited the injury bug but other than that he's been extremely productive. Now he's being featured, and look at him ball out.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

At this point he should be signed or tagged next year. 14+ games to go. I've been somewhat down on him but he's playing at a high level right now.

Allen is getting older.
                        Guyton (and Tyron Johnson for that matter) are replacement level players who happen to be fast.
                        Palmer is a rookie.
                        No high level TEs in the pipeline.

Gotta have a pipeline if you're gonna let Williams walk. Staley and Lombardi put him as the 'X' and so far they've been right.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                          San Diego Native
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Farmington, NM
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
                          I remember that draft. Christian McCaffrey was available I thought that Rivers could have made really good use out of him, just like Darren Sproles, whom we always missed.
                          I had my sights set on Jonathan Allen at #7 in that draft.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍