• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I have to say, it would be a mistake to let Mike Williams walk this off season. He is the most clutch WR on the roster and most capable when the game is on the line and you absolutely have to move the ball or convert a 1st down. He was epic in the final two drives in regulation, converting 1st downs again and again, he caught the game tying TD with seconds left, and he kept the Chargers alive in OT with a 47 yd catch and run on 1st down, to put Hopkins in position to tie it.

Please don't let Williams go to another team and become a standout, like AP and HH in New England, or let him come back to haunt us like the former Chargers on the Raiders defense did last night.
    Lol, not laughing at you because I agree with you,... but people here can't make up their minds about MW. If he drops a pass he is a bum, not worth the money, let him test FA'cy, yada,yada,yada.

When he shines.....we need to sign him lol.

Now I'm waiting for the posters to say he doesn't shine enough. Well with Keenan being game planned for and doubled up MW did plenty yesterday.

Sometimes the game plan doesn't always revolve around Keenan, that's why it's called a game plan.

MW stats = 76 receptions, 1146 yards(team high), 9 TDs, 15 YPC
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-10-2022, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, not laughing at you because I agree with you,... but people here can't make up their minds about MW. If he drops a pass he is a bum, not worth the money, let him test FA'cy, yada,yada,yada.

When he shines.....we need to sign him lol.

Now I'm waiting for the posters to say he doesn't shine enough. Well with Keenan being game planned for and doubled up MW did plenty yesterday.

Sometimes the game plan doesn't always revolve around Keenan, that's why it's called a game plan.

MW stats = 76 receptions, 1146 yards, 9 TDs, 15 YPC
      The reaction is kind of funny. If we can get him resigned to a reasonable contract (i.e. not top 10 WR money) I am all for it. But there always seems to be a team willing to overpay so do we let him walk, creating another hole on the roster or pay him more than he might be worth? He does make a fair amount of clutch catches.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Money has to be right.
        If all we do at WR this off season is bring back MW, we're exactly where we're at RIGHT NOW....which isn't good enough.
        ​​There's got to be enough money to bring in another WR who can make plays in the Renfrow/Amendola mode.
        We won't have the talent in the TE room next year( I suspect Parham, Anderson, McKitty, and possibly even Kampmoyer, fill out the roster) so we need to have another threat over the middle, on the slant routes.
        MW stayed healthy this year because BS used him differently. Hopefully his injury issues are a thing of the past.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

where's the "I cant believe Tyron Johnson was cut?" talks? MW has had games where he was completely silent this year. For a lot of yesterday's game he was pretty quiet. But when it came to crunch time you saw Herbert looking for MW and he made some clutch catches. I'm in the air regarding signing him. If he wants top 5 money then I cant agree with that, but maybe top 10-12 I can do.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

It's a tough situation.

He's still young, talented, and (knock on wood) seems to be over the major injury issues.

If you let him walk, you're also staring at the prospect of a suddenly rapid aging KA who now also seems to have stone hands. The WR corps is decimated overnight.

I think you have to keep him, even if it means overpaying a little bit.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Tol
              From Accounting
              • Mar 2019
              • Carlsbad
              • Send PM

The Franchise Tag is also an option.

Just saying.

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

We need him at this point. However, he doesn't get much separation so he has to go and get almost every ball through contact. He's getting older and odds are he gets hurt a lot coming.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  If you let him walk, you're also staring at the prospect of a suddenly rapid aging KA who now also seems to have stone hands. The WR corps is decimated overnight.
                  This is a good point. Hard to believe that Keenan is still under 30, but he was 29 this season and next year will be 30. I don't know if his uncharacteristic drops are the result of aging, but the fact his turning 30 should serve as another factor in why this team should retain Williams.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

on a positive regarding WR group...Palmer seemed to get better as the season came along. Hopefully he becomes what we thought Vincent Brown was gonna become, and more.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      on a positive regarding WR group...Palmer seemed to get better as the season came along. Hopefully he becomes what we thought Vincent Brown was gonna become, and more.
                      Yes, last night Palmer was a major factor in helping tie the game on the last two offensive drives of regulation. I think he's going to be a good one. Look forward to seeing him play next season. I'll bet he elevates his play to the next level.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Money has to be right.
                        If all we do at WR this off season is bring back MW, we're exactly where we're at RIGHT NOW....which isn't good enough.
                        ​​There's got to be enough money to bring in another WR who can make plays in the Renfrow/Amendola mode.
                        We won't have the talent in the TE room next year( I suspect Parham, Anderson, McKitty, and possibly even Kampmoyer, fill out the roster) so we need to have another threat over the middle, on the slant routes.
                        MW stayed healthy this year because BS used him differently. Hopefully his injury issues are a thing of the past.
                        Hopefully Joe Reed will be back and healthy. I still think he can help us. Just ended up having surgery this year
                        and we can draft a WR as well in the mids if we bring MW back but Palmer has been coming along well.

And yes Mike Williams was used differently and more often. He really hasn't been missing that many games.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Palmer is no MWill. I like him as a solid #3 though.

Sign MWill. Just get it done.

STOP CREATING HOLES WITH YOUR CHEAPNESS. CHARGER’S MONEY IS FOR CHARGER’S PLAYERS.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞