• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am keeping KA13 for one more year - but 2023 - might have to rework that contract

And I agree about Mike Williams - either sign him long term or let him test the market. Personally, I probably let the market decide
    Another wishy washy answer.
    Before the Raider game you're for letting them test the market. After the game you said you think we should keep him and let Keenan go.

Now you're back to letting him test the market.

You change your mind weekly. You are a very undecided and seems you go by weekly performances.

Like if Campbell had a pass breakup and a INT you would want to keep him but he has sucked 85% of the time and is 29. I know you've never said that, I'm just saying that seems to be how you operate.

I think they should resign him and believe they will.

And it would be much better to do a 4-year contract instead of franchising because he's not going to make 19 million a year on a contract.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-13-2022, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Aside from a few more drops Keenan did not have a drop off year at all.
      I would consider that leading the league in drops, when you're a #1 receiver, constitutes a drop-off.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Aside from a few more drops Keenan did not have a drop off year at all.
        I agree with this Berserker76. Yes, Keenan did have more drops than usual, uncharacteristic of him. But his 106 receptions was 7th overall in the league and his 1,138 yds was 12th among WRs. He also scored 6 TDs. He's still playing at a really high level, and he's just going to turn 30 next season. My thing is, you have maybe the best WR duo in the league, and with other holes to fill on the roster, why not keep the WR unit intact, because it is elite. Don't mess with it, it aint broke. Mike and Keenan were 11 & 12 in yardage (separated by just 8 yds) among WRs this season. No other team had a pair of WRs in the top 12. Joshua Palmer is going to take a step forward next year, and when you add in Ekeler's contribution to the passing game, and Guyton's speed ability, it keeps the offense elite. KA is a big part of that, and I think he will be for several more years to come.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree with this Berserker76. Yes, Keenan did have more drops than usual, uncharacteristic of him. But his 106 receptions was 7th overall in the league and his 1,138 yds was 12th among WRs. He also scored 6 TDs. He's still playing at a really high level, and he's just going to turn 30 next season. My thing is, you have maybe the best WR duo in the league, and with other holes to fill on the roster, why not keep the WR unit intact, because it is elite. Don't mess with it, it aint broke. Mike and Keenan were 11 & 12 in yardage (separated by just 8 yds) among WRs this season. No other team had a pair of WRs in the top 12. Joshua Palmer is going to take a step forward next year, and when you add in Ekeler's contribution to the passing game, and Guyton's speed ability, it keeps the offense elite. KA is a big part of that, and I think he will be for several more years to come.
          We just need to get a high level TE, like Hunter Henry. Oh wait we had him and then TT shit his pants at the office and was out of it for some time cleaning up. Belicheat signed him while TT was otherwise busy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I would consider that leading the league in drops, when you're a #1 receiver, constitutes a drop-off.
            Did he lead the league in drops?
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-13-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Did he lead the league in drips?
              Post nasal?
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

We just need to get a high level TE, like Hunter Henry. Oh wait we had him and then TT shit his pants at the office and was out of it for some time cleaning up. Belicheat signed him while TT was otherwise busy.
                Busy signing Linsley, Feiler and Oday to address the weakest part of the roster after last season? HH was one of my favorite Chargers, but was often injured here and TE was not the biggest need on the team last offseason. Adding Cook who is familiar with the offense Lombardi implemented on a one year contract made sense at the time. Now there are plenty of other things to criticize TT for, but resigning HH was probably not the best use of money. As for TE next year, McKitty seemed to be slowly coming on and if Parham comes back 100% from his concussion, the trio of Parham, McKitty and Anderson is not a bad TE group. It's would not have an elite TE like Kelce or Kittle but would the team be better off spending money on the D instead of TE?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Post nasal?
                  Lol, I always have to check my posts. Terrible doing this on my phone.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Busy signing Linsley, Feiler and Oday to address the weakest part of the roster after last season? HH was one of my favorite Chargers, but was often injured here and TE was not the biggest need on the team last offseason. Adding Cook who is familiar with the offense Lombardi implemented on a one year contract made sense at the time. Now there are plenty of other things to criticize TT for, but resigning HH was probably not the best use of money. As for TE next year, McKitty seemed to be slowly coming on and if Parham comes back 100% from his concussion, the trio of Parham, McKitty and Anderson is not a bad TE group. It's would not have an elite TE like Kelce or Kittle but would the team be better off spending money on the D instead of TE?
                    I'm of two minds on this. I agree with FoutsFan that letting Henry go was a mistake. Hunter seemed to have overcome his injury prone-ness. He's a good red zone target - 9 TDs this season. But he's gone, and agreeing that Cook should not be brought back, I don't know that to do about TE. We assume Parham is returning, but we don't know for sure, what his status is. Plus I don't see Parham as a No. 1 TE, but as a really good complimentary piece. McKitty showed some flashes later in the season, and he also got some notice for his blocking. But is he going to develop into a legit receiving threat at TE? I thought I read somewhere he was a WR originally, so maybe he can develop. Assuming the WR corps remains intact with KA/MW/JP/JG, and with a top drawer receiver out of the backfield in Ekeler, how bad is the need for a top caliber receiving TE? I don't know.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Lol, I always have to check my posts. Terrible doing this on my phone.
                      Haha. When I look later at things I posted from my phone, I'm often amazed/horrified. I posted that!?!?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Assuming the WR corps remains intact with KA/MW/JP/JG, and with a top drawer receiver out of the backfield in Ekeler, how bad is the need for a top caliber receiving TE? I don't know.
                        We have cap space, but would you rather spend money on a premium TE or a premium DT?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We have cap space, but would you rather spend money on a premium TE or a premium DT?
                          Both

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡