• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Just to be clear, I'm in for bringing back both Williams and Allen. They are both ballers. Was just wondering aloud what was up with Allen, just having a bad year? He just didn't look like his usual, crisp self. Have confidence he will snap back next year.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      Mike Williams stats during his contract year: Rec 76 REC (27th), YDS 1146 (12th), TD 9 (Tied-9th), Avg. 15.1 (12th) The man deserves a contract based on these numbers.
      If we can expect similar numbers going forward, then sure. Even though this was his best year, I just feel that he disappears too much sometimes.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
        Just to be clear, I'm in for bringing back both Williams and Allen. They are both ballers. Was just wondering aloud what was up with Allen, just having a bad year? He just didn't look like his usual, crisp self. Have confidence he will snap back next year.
        Hopefully. He’s also older now. How much more does he have left?

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Hopefully. He’s also older now. How much more does he have left?
          I think he's got two more years in the tank, hopefully he will sign a team-friendly contract. A little continuity would be good for Herbert, just has to be at the right price.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I think he's got two more years in the tank, hopefully he will sign a team-friendly contract. A little continuity would be good for Herbert, just has to be at the right price.
            Allen has two more years left on his contract -- I would guess based on this year - they probably do not do anything for KA13 in 2022 season but possibly for 2023, as his base salary and bonus I think are over $21m

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If we can expect similar numbers going forward, then sure. Even though this was his best year, I just feel that he disappears too much sometimes.
              I get your thought however you have to look at this final game against the Raiders as a true measuring stick... Look at the players on the Chargers that played well and look at the players that didn't.

Mike Williams is a big game WR and he proved it once again in this game, Nwosu proved he has the right stuff also. The 2 free agents on the Chargers that should be signed are Nwosu and Mike Williams if we are using this last game as a measuring stick, as we should. Other than these 2 players I would let all other Free Agents this year on the Chargers step.

Ek played a good game put proved we need a Chubbs, Henery sort of RB to fill a big role mixed in with Ek better used as a third down back and in pass playes.

The Chargers have always had great WR, TE's, RB's DE's and LB's in our history, TT & Staley should target star players at these positions this offseason, like before.

PS ...And like a broken record if Herbert has a better completion rate against the Raides we win easy, this is the secret stat that we need a good percentage in the big games from Herbert 1st... since everything really is put on his shoulders.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I get your thought however you have to look at this final game against the Raiders as a true measuring stick... Look at the players on the Chargers that played well and look at the players that didn't.

Mike Williams is a big game WR and he proved it once again in this game, Nwosu proved he has the right stuff also. The 2 free agents on the Chargers that should be signed are Nwosu and Mike Williams if we are using this last game as a measuring stick, as we should. Other than these 2 players I would let all other Free Agents this year on the Chargers step.

Ek played a good game put proved we need a Chubbs, Henery sort of RB to fill a big role mixed in with Ek better used as a third down back and in pass playes.

The Chargers have always had great WR, TE's, RB's DE's and LB's in our history, TT & Staley should target star players at these positions this offseason, like before.

PS ...And like a broken record if Herbert has a better completion rate against the Raides we win easy, this is the secret stat that we need a good percentage in the big games from Herbert 1st... since everything really is put on his shoulders.
                I think Justin Jones is the highest priority player. The team was much better with him at DT. Either that or you sign a player that is better.

I think one thing Telesco and Staley cannot do is over-estimate Game 17. They need to grade on if they player got better over time.

Mike Williams was up and down this year. He was fantastic against the Raiders and I will admit, the day after I was like "sign him sign him"
                Now a few days later back to the position I was before last week: do no franchise, let him test the market and let the market figure out hiw price

Nwosu - he improved but will he take the next step

Jones and White to me were more consistent throughout the year. Those are my top two priorities of their own player

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Allen has two more years left on his contract -- I would guess based on this year - they probably do not do anything for KA13 in 2022 season but possibly for 2023, as his base salary and bonus I think are over $21m
                  Oh, didn't realize that. 2023 will probably be his last year with us.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Hell, we have known that for 2 years now. We need a 6ft+ 225lb+ back to swap with Eke.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Better O line play,WRs get open,and offensive play calling improves and the best player on our teams comp. rate will go up.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Better O line play,WRs get open,and offensive play calling improves and the best player on our teams comp. rate will go up.
                        ^^This! You have one week link like Norton and Herbert has to rush his throw or worse. The weakest link analogy.

That said…..the OL was a big improvement this year over last. Free Agency is a priority over the draft….especially considering Telesco’s history of whiffs.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Seconded. Give #10 time, and better weapons.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍