First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I still would take TJ over Guyton. But I'm not going rag on it.
    Guyton has not looked impressive so far.

Leave a comment:

• Caslon
    replied
    Like some political ad, Caslon approves this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    This should be interesting to see what those who wanted him traded will say. I think the OP was one of them but not sure. I wasn't keeping score lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My understanding is that with this offense his 'X' receiver position is the favored one, meaning it goes a lot of plays. He always had the skills just this system seems to suit him better. I would like to see more of Donald Parham. He has made some plays.

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Pre 2021 version Mike Williams = high risk to injury, lower percentage acrobatic catches, for 1st downs leading to injuries.

2021 Mike Williams = low risk to injury, higher percentage TD catches, with minimal hits to body.

The latter could be a perennial 9-12 TD a season guy.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Not picking up the 5th year is the sign as a franchise-type player, you have been weighed and found wanting and you are not long for this team.
    MikeDub is playing on his 5th year option.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

Palmer didn't have a target today I don't think. I see Palmer for a replacement for Tyron Johnson more than Williams.
    I still would take TJ over Guyton. But I'm not going rag on it.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied
    Owes us a discount.

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied

Palmer didn't have a target today I don't think. I see Palmer for a replacement for Tyron Johnson more than Williams.
    That's got nothing to do with Mike Williams' production day. Mikey had the hot hand. I see Palmer being the new #2 next season, he's twitchier than Mike, and you don't hold your breath when comes he down hard, because he doesn't have that big frame like Mike does.

Second, look at the way New Orleans maintained their offense: they made tough decisions with the salary cap and maintained a high level of production, and IMO, Mike doesn't fit the quick twitch, fast break pace, ideal for the that system.

From Ed McGuire's standpoint, the books are closed on Mike. Everything is of course, my squirrelly conjecture, as I am on a post game high.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Mike Williams has underperformed for his draft position. There are several WRs drafted below him in 2017 who have been better. But even though he's somewhat of a disappointment, I've always liked him. I've always considered him a stud, and I like his attitude. Maybe it has taken Lombardi/Staley to figure out how to get the most out of him. But so far this season, he is showing why he was drafted at No. 7 overall. I was a little nervous about the decision not to resign before the start of this season. But I think TT has to reach out to his agent now and open negotiations for a new contract. What do you think?
    DITTO....

I have been a big critic of MW. But if this new offense features him. I am all for and I am all for getting himi signed as well.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied

Williams is playing out his 5th year option now, right?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Not picking up the 5th year is the sign as a franchise-type player, you have been weighed and found wanting and you are not long for this team.
    Williams is playing out his 5th year option now, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍