• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Can you recall the last season that the Chargers started 2-1, and WILL BE 3-1 at the quarter-post? And had superstars on both sides of the ball, and cutting edge minds on defense & an efficient offense? The closest I can come in the 2006 season.

Even Bill Belichick admitted that he could not stop the Chargers that playoff game.
    15 years, it's a long time ago !

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Any ranking system is arbitary. And statistics, especially in sports, are more descriptive then prescriptive. We are only 4 weeks into the season. Are any team's stats representative of their overall season performance?

Are we a team that is the hitting our stride? I sure hope not. That needs to happen later in the season, as we approach or are in the playoffs. I'm pretty happy with where Staley has the Chargers. It damn well better not be peaking, but if he continues to make improvements, I think we could be in really good shape come the end of the season. As was mentioned so much in the past, the Chargers are usually a team that starts slowly, and get better as the year goes on. Is this Staley's version of that? I can live with that.

But with injuries and such, young players developing, old players wearing down ... no team will be playing the way they are now in week 15, 16, 17. Staley brought new schemes and you can still see the bugs in every game. Or other teams will totally figure out what we are up to.

The ranking thing is kinda fun, but ultimately it means nothing. Let them go out and play, and it will take care of itself.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Gotta think top 5 now
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Gotta think top 5 now
          Not yet. Still compiling, but most just breaking top ten.

Comment

Working...
          X