Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

#1 seed would be nice at the bye, it will be a lot nicer Jan 10.
      Once they get the No. 1 seed, they will control their own destiny to still have it in January.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Ok UglyTruth.....you are saying we are or were a Shitty team last year? Sorry but in my book a 7-9 team isn't shitty.....that's 4 or less wins. We had a predictable DC in Gus, awful ST plays and an awful OL but still finished the season strong in winning games. We have a lot of talent....we just had some inept coaches that had no idea how to capitalize on it to its potential.

As noted above the Raiders have beat a 1-3 Dolphins and 1-3 Pittsburgh team and a 3-1 Ravens team so its not like those teams were playing at a high level and I saw the Raven's game with them and they both looked like shit making mistakes...battle of crap I thought.

I absolutely think the Raiders are playing better than the last few years but I dont think they are yet good enough to be dubbed even a playoff team...they repeatedly fold the 2nd half of the season. That said I think they may be coming in at 3-0 a little high on themselves. They are leading the division after the Donks botched game but I think the Chargers are going to be hungry for this. This is for earning the AFC West division from 3rd place...THAT would motivate me today for sure. We get a lead on these guys and it plays right into our advantage of slow the pass game down and make them run. We know we can shoot it out with anyone but I think our D is going to get to Carr far more than their D to Herbert.

Can't wait for this one. I'm excited and nervous. This is another test for Staley and this team but is really only the start to a very long season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          If the Chargers win tonight, they will be tied with the Bengals for the best record in the AFC and a perfect conference record. All the other 3-1 teams in the AFC will have at least one conference loss. So either the Bolts or Bengals will be the No. 1 seed. But, if the Bolts win tonight and beat the Browns at Sofi next Sun aft, and the Packers beat the Bengals in Cincinnati next Sun aft., the Bolts will be the No. 1 seed.
          Its a bit early to be talking about Number 1 seeds - but, the chargers need to do better in the division than years past. Beating KC was a big time road win, well win in general. Need to beat the Raiders.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Raiders have had one winning season since then.

Comment

• Lyth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

I miss Marty every Raiders week. He hated them. I felt he'd will the team to a win no matter what happened

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                Ok UglyTruth.....you are saying we are or were a Shitty team last year? Sorry but in my book a 7-9 team isn't shitty.....that's 4 or less wins. We had a predictable DC in Gus, awful ST plays and an awful OL but still finished the season strong in winning games. We have a lot of talent....we just had some inept coaches that had no idea how to capitalize on it to its potential.

As noted above the Raiders have beat a 1-3 Dolphins and 1-3 Pittsburgh team and a 3-1 Ravens team so its not like those teams were playing at a high level and I saw the Raven's game with them and they both looked like shit making mistakes...battle of crap I thought.

I absolutely think the Raiders are playing better than the last few years but I dont think they are yet good enough to be dubbed even a playoff team...they repeatedly fold the 2nd half of the season. That said I think they may be coming in at 3-0 a little high on themselves. They are leading the division after the Donks botched game but I think the Chargers are going to be hungry for this. This is for earning the AFC West division from 3rd place...THAT would motivate me today for sure. We get a lead on these guys and it plays right into our advantage of slow the pass game down and make them run. We know we can shoot it out with anyone but I think our D is going to get to Carr far more than their D to Herbert.

Can't wait for this one. I'm excited and nervous. This is another test for Staley and this team but is really only the start to a very long season.
                Anybody who thinks the Raiders are playing well should watch these highlights of Jacoby Brissett and the 1-3 Dolpins almost beating them last week. The Raiders could just as easy be 1-3 and would be if a few bounces didn't go their way.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  The people have spoken....

Every announcer chose the Chiefs over the Bolts too.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    If the Chargers win tonight, they will be tied with the Bengals for the best record in the AFC and a perfect conference record. All the other 3-1 teams in the AFC will have at least one conference loss. So either the Bolts or Bengals will be the No. 1 seed. But, if the Bolts win tonight and beat the Browns at Sofi next Sun aft, and the Packers beat the Bengals in Cincinnati next Sun aft., the Bolts will be the No. 1 seed.
                    That's a lot of 'ifs'. I think it might be better for us to remind ourselves, as Boltjolt said, that this is the 4th game of the season *and* Staley's 4th game as HC. There are still a bunch of kinks to iron out before this team can be considered a serious contender for the AFC West title, IMO. This game is going to be a good test, but it's not a must win.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

At this point of the season, overall seeding is only useful for waiver claims. That said, winning the next three games, all conference, will help for tie breakers.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
                          The Radahs actually kinda remind me of the chargers at this point...so it should be a close game I think. I don't think Gus Bradley gives them much advantage as the offense is new this year I believe..I am a bit anxious on radah day.

An old AFL story...probably Balboa stadium.

the chargers were playing the Radahs. chargers had the ball. Pre-snap Ike Lassiter(a mean ol radah dl) jumps the line, runs back and pokes John Hadle in the eye...nobody else on both teams even moved. Hadl is laying on the ground holding his eye thru his single bar helmet.

As i recall...the only penalty was offsides I think.
                          I would have loved to gone to a game at Balboa Park, or at the old Kesar Stadium in SF's Golden Gate Park where the 49ers played until about 1970. Football was pure then, as was the fan experience. I have never been a fan of mega-stadiums. I did enjoy the Murph when it was the Murph in SD though. I wish I could have gone to a game at the soccer stadium where the Chargers played their first three years in LA, but I never got a round tuit. That stadium is much more my speed than the indoor fake turf colossus that is Sofi.

Comment

Working...
                          X