The game opens as a pick-em. WTF??

Discuss.
  • The Intellectual Assassin
    Serenity now!
    • Sep 2021
    • North Carolina
    • Teacher
    • Send PM

We have some huge momentum going into this one but will not be easy. Cleveland has some good weapons and are playing pretty well this season themselves. Most outsiders predicting this one I am sure see it a toss up. I see it as a nail-biter myself with us prevailing 27-24.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Garrett gotta get in his head somehow and get him pissed off. Hunt worries me as well but I do think Baker will throw us at least one just gotta make it hurt.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Short week hurts.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
          Short week hurts.
          Yep, especially against that rushing attack. They have 708 yards rushing in 140 attempts for a 5.1 YPC average to go along with 9 rushing TDs.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

They have a brutal rushing attack and their defense seems legit.

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

We need Chris Jones back. Stop the run and double/triple team Garrett. Baker can get hot on you if you give him all day. Browns are all around a well built team and really target us where we are weak(run defense). We're just gonna need to score early and often and have them try and keep up with us score for score.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post
                We have some huge momentum going into this one but will not be easy. Cleveland has some good weapons and are playing pretty well this season themselves. Most outsiders predicting this one I am sure see it a toss up. I see it as a nail-biter myself with us prevailing 27-24.
                I do not see that Brown's offense scoring 24 pts provided we take care of the football.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
                  Serenity now!
                  • Sep 2021
                  • North Carolina
                  • Teacher
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I do not see that Brown's offense scoring 24 pts provided we take care of the football.
                  Fair point pal. I still think will be a nailbiter regardless.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Posted this elsewhere, but the Browns are the definition of a team that matches up very well against a Staley defense. They love dink and dunk, TE screens, 15 play drives, have the best OL in football and two great running backs. Putting a roof over them will not be useful. The only time they seem to get in trouble is when for some inexplicable reason, Stefanski tries to use Mayfield as more than a play action, hand the ball off, game manager. He is just not a great QB and if the Chargers get up on the Browns, Mayfield is downright awful under pressure. His numbers off play action, while playing with a lead? Off the charts. Oh and he seems to feel constant pressure to force the ball to Beckham so he doesn' pout. Browns actually better when OBJ does not play.

The Browns have first round picks all over that defense, too. This will be a very, very tough game and one the Chargers may lose. Browns are legit and have no glaring weaknesses, as long as they use Mayfield for what he is capable of doing. Browns also travel well and there will be a lot of their fans at SoFi. If Browns punter doesnt drop the long snap right to him, they would have beat Chiefs.

Oh, also Johnson and Hill were both FA adds from the Rams so they (especially Johnson) know what Staley is apt to do and will help Stefanski, who is very sharp, prepare.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      The game opens as a pick-em. WTF??

Discuss.
                      Congrats on the move to Nashville - we will be going to Nashville in the Winter, for the first time - seeing a holiday show, experience the city/ So congrats I am sure it will be a great move

As for the game - stop the run!

Need to get in Bakers face

I am sure Staley will have a new game plan for the Browns

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Posted this elsewhere, but the Browns are the definition of a team that matches up very well against a Staley defense. They love dink and dunk, TE screens, 15 play drives, have the best OL in football and two great running backs. Putting a roof over them will not be useful. The only time they seem to get in trouble is when for some inexplicable reason, Stefanski tries to use Mayfield as more than a play action, hand the ball off, game manager. He is just not a great QB and if the Chargers get up on the Browns, Mayfield is downright awful under pressure. His numbers off play action, while playing with a lead? Off the charts. Oh and he seems to feel constant pressure to force the ball to Beckham so he doesn' pout. Browns actually better when OBJ does not play.

The Browns have first round picks all over that defense, too. This will be a very, very tough game and one the Chargers may lose. Browns are legit and have no glaring weaknesses, as long as they use Mayfield for what he is capable of doing. Browns also travel well and there will be a lot of their fans at SoFi. If Browns punter doesnt drop the long snap right to him, they would have beat Chiefs.

Oh, also Johnson and Hill were both FA adds from the Rams so they (especially Johnson) know what Staley is apt to do and will help Stefanski, who is very sharp, prepare.

TG
                        I don't think Staley's going to play the same style of defense against them. I think he's very apt at game planning versus opponents rather than a one size fits-all scheme.

Comment

Working...
                        X