• Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

What?
    Im not advocating going free agency year after year as a way to build a team.
    I'm talking about a single draft. It's just an extreme way to make my point. I'm just pointing out that if you made the extreme move, you still have option of using free agency to fill some spots and udfa to bring into camp. And often there isn't much difference between a 4th-7th Rd pick and udfa. So it's really those 1st-3rd picks. And since one can be said to be used to pick the hall of famer. Your really only giving up 2 valuable picks which would be unknown rookies who may or may not succeed. Your acquired a known commodity. A special player.
    Of course you don't have to trade the entire 2022 draft. You can trade some 2022 and some 2023. Whatever package works to get a hall of fame kicker for a decade. Future drafts are about 50 percent success rate for 1st Rd picks and then those percentages go down Rd by Rd. Trading for Tucker is playing the percentages. He is 100% lock to be successful for next 10 seasons. None of the 2022 or 2023 unknown players is likely to be as successful. A clutch kick in post season can be the difference between advancing of going home.
    Like Kaeding missing kick for both Brees and Rivers. Who knows how those playoffs end if he makes the damn kick.
    Trading what it takes to get a hall of fame kicker.
    It's not asinine, it's analytics.
    Sorry. I don't not agree at all with your strategy and there's no way to spin it for me to agree with it. No owner in the league would approve it. IMO, any GM that did that would be fired and rightfully so.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Sorry. I don't not agree at all with your strategy and there's no way to spin it for me to agree with it. No owner in the league would approve it. IMO, any GM that did that would be fired and rightfully so.
      I understand your point.

I think it's status quo thinking, ignores analytics and is playing the game scared and calling it smart. I'm pushing all in to win it. But not ever hand, just when I like my overall odds and especially if I really like the math. I like my math on a big trade for Tucker.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Again, could you please back up the analytics with something? Just saying "analytics" doesn't make it analytics. I'm willing to listen but you havebto show something.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footbal...-a-kicker/amp/

Well here's an actual analytical argument that blows your HOF kicker value theory completely out of the water. I will wait for an analytical argument that supports your theory.

I found a couple other articles but I thought this one was best. None of the analytical articles in any way supported the kicker value theory presented above. They all suggest that the theory of trading an entire draft for an elite kicker, even a Hall of Fame one, is a very, very bad idea.

Comment

Working...
          X