• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Early predictions for the 2015 season

Well, with all the stadium talk dominating the board and the off-season dead period upon us prior to TC, I thought I would throw out a few "fearless" predictions for the upcoming Chargers season.

1) Gordon wins offensive ROY. 12 TDs + 1100 yards and goes for a double burger at least once(200yds)
    2) Jason Verrett makes the pro bowl
    3) our D becomes a force and finishes in the top 10 scoring defenses. We finally have a relatively healthy season and the results show. The defense benefits from the growth of players like a healthy Ingram, Attaochu, Carrethers, and Steve's favorite Liuget makes the pro bowl. Our secondary becomes a top 3 unit in the NFL, and our D finishes top 10 in turnovers.
    4) Rivers benefits from a much more stable OL, Gates gets another dozen TDs to tie the NFL record for TEs. Allen has a bounce back year, and Rivers spreads the ball around to cover up for a lack of a top end WR.
    5) Danny Woodhead is a big part of the offense' success by moving the chains on third down. Leads the league in first down conversion %
    6) Ladarius Green gets much more involved in the Offense....35 rec for 500 yards and 6 TDs. Our TEs become a nightmare for opposing Ds when playing out of Two TE sets.
    7) we win the AFC west
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Needless to say, I'd love to see all of your predictions come true. I think special teams will see improvement with the infusion of young talent, namely Perryman, Mager and Emanuel. Having a true returner too in Jacoby Jones will help. I agree, the results will show if the Bolts can have a relatively healthy season.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Stevie Johnson 980 yds and 8 TD's
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Prediction?

Pain.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Hopefully healthier pain.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Chargers will finish around .500 again. Maybe a game or two better, maybe a game or two worse. They won't go to the AFC Championship game nor, obviously, will they win the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Grinners
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
              Well, with all the stadium talk dominating the board and the off-season dead period upon us prior to TC, I thought I would throw out a few "fearless" predictions for the upcoming Chargers season.

1) Gordon wins offensive ROY. 12 TDs + 1100 yards and goes for a double burger at least once(200yds)
              2) Jason Verrett makes the pro bowl
              3) our D becomes a force and finishes in the top 10 scoring defenses. We finally have a relatively healthy season and the results show. The defense benefits from the growth of players like a healthy Ingram, Attaochu, Carrethers, and Steve's favorite Liuget makes the pro bowl. Our secondary becomes a top 3 unit in the NFL, and our D finishes top 10 in turnovers.
              4) Rivers benefits from a much more stable OL, Gates gets another dozen TDs to tie the NFL record for TEs. Allen has a bounce back year, and Rivers spreads the ball around to cover up for a lack of a top end WR.
              5) Danny Woodhead is a big part of the offense' success by moving the chains on third down. Leads the league in first down conversion %
              6) Ladarius Green gets much more involved in the Offense....35 rec for 500 yards and 6 TDs. Our TEs become a nightmare for opposing Ds when playing out of Two TE sets.
              7) we win the AFC west

1. Yes I originally want Gurley but obviously didn't do enough research. I love MG approach to the game.
              2. Yes We should have a very good Secondary.
              3. Yes I feel they are on the cusp!
              4. Yes - Rivers No-Gates I think Gates will take a back seat this year to L. Green but Gates will still have 40+ catches and 6+ TD's Yes-Allen 70+ catches and 6 TD's
              5. Yes -Woodhead bounces back with a solid year. 40+ catches and 8 TD's with 3 of those +25 yards.
              6. Yes - LG gets over 50 catches and 5+ TD's

ALSO: Stevie Johnson has over 50 catches and 8 TD's. MF may not make the Final Roster?

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

We stay healthy, we win it all. Without cheating.

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

I think we make the playoffs, barring catastrophic injuries. I think the O will score more this year and the D will be somewhat improved, which will be enough.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I think the OL will be the difference maker if we can avoid the season ending injuries. I am far more confident in this unit and the depth. We get the run game moving again and this offense is going to be togh to handle again....all starts with that OL.

While we have some weaknesses on the DL on paper we might find a gem or two in the guys we picked up. Im good with the secondary....to me its the clear strength of the D. Pass rush is a complete unknown.

I think with the upheaval in Denver we might catch a game on them. I think we will hit 10-6 and possibly even better if we stay healthy enough in patches. Playoffs are in our reach again and potentially the division. People forget Rivers was in MVP form before our OL and RB core completely disintegrated. I think we might just be that underdog again that nobody really wants to play deep in the season. We will compete...we did last year even as the walking wounded.

I really look forward to this season...Gorgon will be fun to watch with Woody back.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

GORGON!
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                        The Chargers will finish around .500 again. Maybe a game or two better, maybe a game or two worse. They won't go to the AFC Championship game nor, obviously, will they win the Super Bowl.
                        Expecting significant injuries? Sheesh, can we hope not?

Comment

Working...
                        X