Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

When is the trade deadline?
    I believe it is November 2 - so three weeks away

Teams like the Jags and Lions, probably going to be sellers
    Same with the Texans

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Telesco rarely makes trades in-season. He’s usually sleeping and vacationing during this time of the year so no he won’t be bothered to actually improve a D line that’s getting wrecked week in and week out.
      TT went all in on the OL this past off season and he had to and it’s paying off. But in doing so the DL and other positions were neglected.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

TT went all in on the OL this past off season and he had to and it’s paying off. But in doing so the DL and other positions were neglected.
        You are correct = but I think I was good with really focusing on the OL. It made sense

Just looking a few teams around the league for veteran players that might be on the market

Somebody brought up Brockers - not getting traded. Just signed a new deal - the Lions really can't afford to trade him cap wise. So looking at Over the Cap for names

Sheldon Rankins from the Jets - could be an option

Maliek Collins from the Texans

Taven Bryan from the Jaguars - Telesco liked him out of college, would have been the pick if not for Derwin James. His option not picked up

So if looking for DLine depth that won't break the bank but be an upgrade from Merrill, and hopefully Justin JOnes comes back

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          I love that Storm Norton got some love.
          Did you guys notice that zero game ball went to a rookie so far? Slater and ASJ could have easily got one. I think Staley is reserving them to the vets so the rookies don’t get complacent and keeps improving.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

i've never met anyone who is entirely comfortable with deprecating references Quack.
            Maybe I overstepped? You think?

In a certain way, Fan Forums are families. Within families, you can generally call someone a 'knucklehead' (Eeyore) without drama. We're brothers.

As I pointed out, I would understand offense at something more denigrating than 'Eeyore', but... just where on the Outrage Meter do you see 'Eeyore' resting?

I'm thinking, if the volume knob goes up to '10', 'Eeyore' registers as a '2'. (If the volume knob goes up to '11', I'd concede a '3').

Within a family? I don't personally think 2's are reason for offense, but i can see where reasonable minds could differ.

So I'll as *YOU* as a forum brother, pbb... Do you think I owe uglytruth an apology? I'll definitely consider your opinion. Thank you.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree.... they could have called offsetting......
              but there were also alot of missed calls on both teams that weren't called.....

This year is the first year that I can remember in a long time where Chargers have received some favorable calls to go along with some of the bogus ones..... nice to have some balance.....
              I'll take what we get. We got jobbed against Dallas and this 50/50 went our way. I would rather have our crew today than the KC/Buffalo crew last night. there had to be 25 penalties called in that game.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I'll take what we get. We got jobbed against Dallas and this 50/50 went our way. I would rather have our crew today than the KC/Buffalo crew last night. there had to be 25 penalties called in that game.
                That was an ugly game. I think KC is on a free fall. The only postive for them is they still have a reliable kicker. Butker doing his thing even in heavy rain. What a stud.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I don't believe I had EVER see a team go for it on 4th down from their own 22, unless it was the waning seconds of the game. Unbelievably brash. Unprecedented, really.

And notice how the Browns tried to out-Charger the Chargers early on by going for it on 4th down a couple of times, themselves?
                  That's because they knew if they gave Herbert and our boys the ball back, it was CHA-CHING-GADERA!!!! This team does not blink.......

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Show me all the in-season trades Chargers have made then under Telesco…

Throw insults in the trash and use facts. It makes your argument much stronger.
                    Ahem........well.......we thought it was funny.........

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Maybe I overstepped? You think?

In a certain way, Fan Forums are families. Within families, you can generally call someone a 'knucklehead' (Eeyore) without drama. We're brothers.

As I pointed out, I would understand offense at something more denigrating than 'Eeyore', but... just where on the Outrage Meter do you see 'Eeyore' resting?

I'm thinking, if the volume knob goes up to '10', 'Eeyore' registers as a '2'. (If the volume knob goes up to '11', I'd concede a '3').

Within a family? I don't personally think 2's are reason for offense, but i can see where reasonable minds could differ.

So I'll as *YOU* as a forum brother, pbb... Do you think I owe uglytruth an apology? I'll definitely consider your opinion. Thank you.
                      Ugly truth performs a function within this forum: absolute negativity towards any and every aspect of the Charger team.

I kind of like his shtick, but like most members (including myself), he can be annoying at times.

Some people just see things differently and there is no need to try to convince the whole world to one's point.

Let people be different.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Did you guys notice that zero game ball went to a rookie so far? Slater and ASJ could have easily got one. I think Staley is reserving them to the vets so the rookies don’t get complacent and keeps improving.
                        NOrv Turner approves that message.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ugly truth performs a function within this forum: absolute negativity towards any and every aspect of the Charger team.

I kind of like his shtick, but like most members (including myself), he can be annoying at times.

Some people just see things differently and there is no need to try to convince the whole world to one's point.

Let people be different.
                          Kumbaya.........Kumbaya.......

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞