Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    This game sooooo feels like a trap game: can’t stop the run (Jones, Murray out), zippy LB Tranquil out, high safety that closes like a missile (Adderly) is out. What does Lamar like to do? Run like a jack rabbit on fire and throw deep. If we slow/stop this very hot O enough to win, that’ll be Staley scheming like a demon. Go Herbert!
    we can't stop him entirely we just need to out score him by 10 points on Sunday. Should have Murray after the bye week. The biggest loss so far might be tranquil for most of the season if not entirely.

:2cents:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SBbound
      Casual fanatic
      • Feb 2019
      • Merced/San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

we can't stop him entirely we just need to out score him by 10 points on Sunday. Should have Murray after the bye week. The biggest loss so far might be tranquil for most of the season if not entirely.

I haven't seen any details on Tranquil's injury but shouldn't he have been put on IR if there wasn't a chance he'd be back for the Patriots game?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This game sooooo feels like a trap game: can’t stop the run (Jones, Murray out), zippy LB Tranquil out, high safety that closes like a missile (Adderly) is out. What does Lamar like to do? Run like a jack rabbit on fire and throw deep. If we slow/stop this very hot O enough to win, that’ll be Staley scheming like a demon. Go Herbert!
        To me, a Trap Game is one that the team overlooks the team they are playing for ones that are just ahead. I'm certain that the coaching staff and players are not overlooking the Ravens. If anything, there are injuries in positions that weren't expected, so it may be a trap game for those fans expecting a fully capable squad.

The problem for the defense will be trying to contain Jackson and prevent him from hitting open receivers on broken plays. If guys like Andrews are running free without coverage due to overly aggressive run defense against Jackson or RBs, like the Colts did in the 4th quarter, the result will be the same. So my guess is that they will show a dime package with Derwin in close to cover Andrews or spy Jackson and one LB (White) and hopefuly other DBs can cover better than the Colts.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

I haven't seen any details on Tranquil's injury but shouldn't he have been put on IR if there wasn't a chance he'd be back for the Patriots game?
          Tranquil has a pec injury that the staff thinks doesn't need IR, but last I read was that there would be a second opinion... haven't heard worse news yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Jason Moore? Did he need to be protected? Was he on anybody’s radar?
            He is the 5th best WR we currently have, but we choose to have our 6th best WR active because he can catch punts and fall forward for a couple of yards.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

In the playoff victory over the Ravens a few years ago, a few weeks after the Chargers were upset at home by the upstart Lamar Jackson, the Chargers' D shut down Jackson, for most of the game. You may recall that Gus Bradley employed a unique scheme of having 7 DBs on the field. It worked. They sacked Jackson 7 times, forced three turnovers and built a 23-3 lead halfway through the 4th quarter. Part of the reason Bradley used so many DBs is that injuries had decimated the LB corps. Perryman and White were on IR. I believed he used 4 DL/DE, and no LBs in that game. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

With the experienced LBs on the roster down to just White for the Ravens tomorrow, I wonder if we will see something similar. In that playoff game, Bradley had Derwin and Adrian Phillips at his disposal. Fortunately we have Derwin again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                With our by coming, players can go all out. Not as if they are already doing that. Yes we don’t do well against the run. But hopefully we can get stops. I can’t wait for this game, just like every game. I see the Chargers winning easily. After how I saw the Colts play them, we are better than that. How they needed a record field goal to beat Detroit, we’re better than that. And we beat down the Taiders who beat them. Bolt Up
                Damn right! It seems like nobody is seeing what you said. The Ravens should be 1-4 right now. They needed a miracle fumble to beat KC, a miracle FG to beat winless DET, and multiple miracle plays plus coaching stupidity on Reich's part to beat IND. Maybe it's just me, but if we were playing against them on Monday, if we had a chance to go get the game on offense, we would have stepped on their mother f***ing necks and rammed a TD down their throats to take the game from them by force instead of run turtling for a loss like we did in the Lynn era and like the Colts did on Monday.

If we just play our game and play anywhere close to an average game, we should win this game. It should be easier than the games against either KC or CLE.

GO CHARGERS!!!

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I wonder if the Bolts should have Parham on the FG blocking team? MW too.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Damn right! It seems like nobody is seeing what you said. The Ravens should be 1-4 right now. They needed a miracle fumble to beat KC, a miracle FG to beat winless DET, and multiple miracle plays plus coaching stupidity on Reich's part to beat IND. Maybe it's just me, but if we were playing against them on Monday, if we had a chance to go get the game on offense, we would have stepped on their mother f***ing necks and rammed a TD down their throats to take the game from them by force instead of run turtling for a loss like we did in the Lynn era and like the Colts did on Monday.

If we just play our game and play anywhere close to an average game, we should win this game. It should be easier than the games against either KC or CLE.

GO CHARGERS!!!
                    Ravens wins:
                    Indy had a break down in the 4th quarter/OT (was outscored 24 to 3).
                    Broncos scored ZERO points in the 3rd AND 4th quarter.
                    The 0-5 Lions outscored the Ravens in second half but came up short.
                    KC scored ZERO points in the 4th.

Ravens loss:
                    Raiders outscored the Ravens 23 to 10 in the 4th and OT.

The strength of the Ravens is their defense can get after the QB late in games. It takes a team that can keep it close and then execute well late in games to beat them. Where can we find such a Team?

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Trap game implies it’s a lesser opponent that we’re not taking seriously. It’s anything but.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Where did you hear Tranquil was out most of the season?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Hopefully @darealmike_dub will have his explosiveness.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X