Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

I have Hollywood Brown on my fantasy team and I am not playing him vs Chargers - I am confident we will stop explosive passing plays.
    Key to wining will be limiting Lamar's rushing.
    It will be good game hopefull not affected by refs.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

I was going to suggest we go all in to stop the rush, make Lamar beat us with his arm. But after what he did to the Colts, now not so sure.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

I say keep the dome up to shut down the pass most the time but i think the disguised D is going to get to Jacksons head. Sneak a few blitz players in there to keep him guessing. Keeping contain just like we dod for Mahomes is important and we did a great job.

They like us prob just lost their starting guard. Indy make their OL look bad last night. Seemed like LJ was playing from a collapsed pocket a lot. Bosa should pressure him a lot.

i dont think their D is like it used to be. They may be aggressive but we have the plays to manage that. I do think a few deep passes are in order though to keep them honest.

Even though I think they have looked very inconsistent every time ive watched them, they are scrappy and have found a way to win. Discipline and playing 4 quarters is going to win this. Jackson fumbles and clearly has a weakness in strength for a tight hold on the ball…coach should be pushing the KC plan of ball punching as hes going to cough it up.

we are the consistently better offense and probably equal on D. We have the edge but on any sunday anyone can win. I think we go in to seriously dominate them and we come out with the W.

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Against KC and Dallas the plan was to limit the big plays over the top. I say we force them to beat us over the top. Have extra DBs out there for the speed. Use them in coverage but still keep them closer to the line of scrimmage so that he can’t take off. Also, we need the D-line to generate a pass rush.

On offense, I expect them to do everything to try and stop Herbert. This is where we need Ekeler to have a big game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Ravens pass defense is their Achilles, which matches up favorably with Bolts strength. Their DL is not as strong as CLE and doesnt generate a lot of pressure with 4, so they rely on blitzing to create pressure. Wentz pretzeled up late in the game under the blitz when Indy could have put it away. That and their kicker failed spectacularly. Expect Lombardi and JH to be prepared for that with alot of quick timing routes, short to intermediate routes, screens etc. I trust in the calm cool JH10 to dissect them but its not a gimme.

On Offense, Agree with above. LJ is not a great passer but he does get on hot streaks where he’s hitting everything. I have liked our DB play overall this year, still wondering wtf the ASJ deal was last Sunday? They don’t have the rush attack of Chubb/Hunt which was beastly, but they can run it. its as much or more about containing Lamar. Staley will need to dial up the right contain and cover scheme then it it will be about execution.

They are 4-1 and have already played the rest of AFCW. They beat DEN easily, KC by 1, and lost to LV by a TD. They barely beat a bad Detroit team and as many saw, Indy should have beat them last night. They are a good team but they can be beat. It will require a good team game by LAC.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              I was going to suggest we go all in to stop the rush, make Lamar beat us with his arm. But after what he did to the Colts, now not so sure.
              I still say make the Ravens beat you with Jacksons arm.

Colts defense, especially DBs, not good

Note to Swinton: have Ty Long practice extra points and Field Goals under 40 yards

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still say make the Ravens beat you with Jacksons arm.

Colts defense, especially DBs, not good

Note to Swinton: have Ty Long practice extra points and Field Goals under 40 yards

TOTALLY with you there!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  Ravens pass defense is their Achilles, which matches up favorably with Bolts strength. Their DL is not as strong as CLE and doesnt generate a lot of pressure with 4, so they rely on blitzing to create pressure. Wentz pretzeled up late in the game under the blitz when Indy could have put it away. That and their kicker failed spectacularly. Expect Lombardi and JH to be prepared for that with alot of quick timing routes, short to intermediate routes, screens etc. I trust in the calm cool JH10 to dissect them but its not a gimme.

On Offense, Agree with above. LJ is not a great passer but he does get on hot streaks where he’s hitting everything. I have liked our DB play overall this year, still wondering wtf the ASJ deal was last Sunday? They don’t have the rush attack of Chubb/Hunt which was beastly, but they can run it. its as much or more about containing Lamar. Staley will need to dial up the right contain and cover scheme then it it will be about execution.

They are 4-1 and have already played the rest of AFCW. They beat DEN easily, KC by 1, and lost to LV by a TD. They barely beat a bad Detroit team and as many saw, Indy should have beat them last night. They are a good team but they can be beat. It will require a good team game by LAC.
                  I agree, compared to the browns this is a better matchup for the chargers. They’re becoming road warriors (even at home) so I’m not worried about the game being there. If they find a way to limit Jackson’s running, don’t turn it over, and finish drives with touchdowns they’ll be fine.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Wentz actually played well last night. Not only did the offense score repeatedly, in crunch time he went down and got them in position to get a field goal to put the game away. Gets blocked. After Baltimore ties it up, he takes them back down again for the game winning FG. Missed it. Then in OT, they lost the toss and never got the ball.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                      Wentz actually played well last night. Not only did the offense score repeatedly, in crunch time he went down and got them in position to get a field goal to put the game away. Gets blocked. After Baltimore ties it up, he takes them back down again for the game winning FG. Missed it. Then in OT, they lost the toss and never got the ball.
                      Yeah and he did that with a comparatively weak group of skill position players outside of RB. I think our offense will have a field day against Baltimore I hope our defense is up to the task.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Two weeks ago our D played very well against the raiders, then they were pushed around and stomped on by the Browns. Which defense will show up this week? Can they pressure Jackson?

I trust our offense to score. I think it's time for #13 to go off again. Ekeler could have a good day again too.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

^ This. Best way to beat the blitz--quick short passes. And remember, we have Mike Will and Parham--huge mismatch issues for Ravens D...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍