Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

The plan on D will be the same as vs KC. BAL does not have the OL to push us around like DAL and CLE. If they come out in run personnel groups we'll have to adapt.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think Staley will confuse Jackson when he needs to throw. So look for even more runs/scrambles on passing downs.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Vs Balt at Balt Jan 6, 2019 may have been Bradley's best game as Chargers DC.
        Both Harbaugh & Staley are aware of it.
        Chargers have a much stronger offense today. Let's just be who we are on O, score pts and force them to play for chunk gains on O.
        If we can get some D stops, takeaways, it's a W.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I don't see Lamar Jackson putting up back-to-back big games. I'm sorry, I just don't think he's really a complete NFL QB. He could prove me wrong, but he will have to have another big game in order to keep up with Herbert. Last night he beat a1-4 team with an exhausted defense that was down to 3rd string scrubs in the defensive backfield. The Colts' DBs just kind of folded and let the Ravens' receivers do what they want. The Colts' DL was worn out by the 4th quarter and couldn't put pressure on Jackson. He will see a completely different defense from the Chargers on Sunday. And the Justin Herbert offense is a scoring machine that Lamar will try to have to keep up with. The Ravens' defense is not really scary, giving up 389 yds per game, 24th in the league. They are 15th in pts per game allowed (23.4), and that's after playing the Lions and Broncos the previous two weeks. Although they have played the Raiders and Chiefs, the Ravens' defense has not seen an offense like the Chargers. It's going to be a lot different than Carson Wentz and Mo-Alie Cox. The Ravens' defense is atrocious defending the pass, tied for 29th in the league with Kansas City, giving up 296.4 yds per game. In contrast, the Browns' defense is 11th in passing yds per game, giving up 298.8 - a figure that was considerably lower just the week prior, before they gave up 400 yds to Herbert. The Ravens' pass defense might be the worst the Chargers have yet faced.

I see another huge offensive output from the Staley-Herbert offense, with the Bolts' defense successfuly limiting Jackson and the Raven's offense. The Bolts' offense won't have to score as much as they did v the Browns to keep up, so I don't see a 40-burger. I'll say 32-20 Bolts.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I think Staley will confuse Jackson when he needs to throw. So look for even more runs/scrambles on passing downs.

TG
            Tuck & run isn't the worst thing that can happen for Jackson. I think we'll encourage & expect it. Hopefully we can get some big legal hits on him, make him reconsider.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Baltimore opens as a 3.5 pt favorite over the Chargers.

Discuss
              Even if the game is in Baltimore, the point spread is off.

Arguably, Baltimore should be 1-4 right now. They lost to the Raiders. They needed a fluke 66 yard FG that hit the cross bar and went in to beat Detroit. They were dead in the water against KC, who was already in FG range to kick the game winner with Butker when Edwards-Helaire fumbled the game away.

And then we have last night. The Colts missed an extra point, failed a two-point conversion, missed a FG, had a FG blocked, gave up 2 two-point conversions, lost the coin toss in OT, and are saddled with arguably the worst play caller in the NFL as their head coach (Reich), who played Anthony Lynn loser ball when he had the chance to put the game away late (run, run, run, get a FG blocked, lose in OT and wonder why you lost).

I would say Baltimore is pretty much out of miracles at this point.

Baltimore's ground game this year is nowhere close to Cleveland's. The book on Jackson is keep him in the pocket and make him throw wide. Their WRs are unimpressive. We do need to cover Andrews and preferably not with Adderley. If we do that, I see this game as a much easier win for us than either the Kansas City or Cleveland games were as their pass defense is straight trash and their run defense is only 17th in YPC against, meaning we should be able to move the ball and score against them.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I don't know the book on Lamar but I have tremendous respect for him. I'd try to keep him in the pocket and make him make throws he's historically uncomfortable with.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Arguably, Baltimore should be 1-4 right now. They lost to the Raiders. They needed a fluke 66 yard FG that hit the cross bar and went in to beat Detroit. They were dead in the water against KC, who was already in FG range to kick the game winner with Butker when Edwards-Helaire fumbled the game away.

And then we have last night. The Colts missed an extra point, failed a two-point conversion, missed a FG, had a FG blocked, gave up 2 two-point conversions, lost the coin toss in OT, and are saddled with arguably the worst play caller in the NFL as their head coach (Reich), who played Anthony Lynn loser ball when he had the chance to put the game away late (run, run, run, get a FG blocked, lose in OT and wonder why you lost).

Baltimore's ground game this year is nowhere close to Cleveland's. The book on Jackson is keep him in the pocket and make him throw wide. Their WRs are unimpressive. We do need to cover Andrews and preferably not with Adderley. If we do that, I see this game as a much easier win for us than either the Kansas City or Cleveland games were as their pass defense is straight trash and their run defense is only 17th in YPC against, meaning we should be able to move the ball and score against them.
                  Agree with all of that except the ravens receivers are blazing fast, and Chargers have been notorious for not being able to keep running QB's in the freaking pocket...... most plays we leave at least one huge gap to run through and Jackson might be best pure explosive runner in NFL......

Also, Ravens defense can be beat if your team is good at pass blocking and picking up frequent blitzes..... but if you dont they put alot of pressure on QB's.....

And their ST's are the best in NFL.......

so they are beatable, as Chargers are, so this will not be an easy game...

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree with all of that except the ravens receivers are blazing fast, and Chargers have been notorious for not being able to keep running QB's in the freaking pocket...... most plays we leave at least one huge gap to run through and Jackson might be best pure explosive runner in NFL......

Also, Ravens defense can be beat if your team is good at pass blocking and picking up frequent blitzes..... but if you dont they put alot of pressure on QB's.....

We did a good job with Mahomes. But I agree, it won't be easy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Raven's fans souring on Patrick Queen.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

to your point about the Colts --
                        I don't think Reich should have gone for two when it was 22-3. If you kick the XP that makes it 23-3. I was thinking 8+8+3 19 and you are now at 20 - but thats mean

and though the Colts were running the ball, he did get VERY conservative inside the 20 with those last three play calls - including I think a direct snap to Taylor which allows the defense to focus on the run immediately. Wentz was having a good game - needed to take one shot to WIN the game and not lose it

Comment

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I am truly shocked by the point spread. I think it is off by a full TD. We should be favored by about 3.5 points because it is a road game. I actually think we will win by more than that.

In terms of getting the money spread evenly, I am also shocked that the line is not moving and that some pundits favor taking the Ravens minus 3. It is as if nobody has watched the games of either team this year.

The Ravens should have lost to a crappy winless Detroit team and the 1-4 Colts. This year's Ravens team is nowhere near as good as some of their recent teams. They do not sack the QB at a greater rate per non-penalty drop back than we do even with all of the blitzing. And their pass defense yields nearly 300 yards per game. They have played against 4 offenses ranked 19th or worse in scoring (19th, 21st, 24th and 25th) and have given up more points than we have even though we have played against 3 of the top 6 scoring offenses (2nd, 5th and 6th).

Their special teams are good, but it is a stretch to say that they are the best in the NFL. They are ranked first in punt returns and have a top kicker, but their punter is pretty average as is their kickoff return team.

Jackson will make mistakes, so we just need to focus on keeping him in the pocket and not opening up huge running lanes for him. If the game ends up being Jackson against our pass defense versus Herbert against theirs, I like our chances of winning.

While the old saying is true that on any given Sunday, one NFL team is capable of beating another, on paper at least, we have the better team and we should win.
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍