Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Baltimore opens as a 3.5 pt favorite over the Chargers.

Discuss
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

How good is the Ravens defense this year? I think Lamar will be far more difficult to contain than Baker. The difference though is that the Ravens WRs aren't as good as Cleveland's. We need to shore up the defense though because the Ravens will contain to run on us until we can show something else.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

One thing I'm very happy about is the Ravens will be playing with one day less rest than us entering our match-up with them. That can only help. And also glad we're the underdog.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        How good is the Ravens defense this year? I think Lamar will be far more difficult to contain than Baker. The difference though is that the Ravens WRs aren't as good as Cleveland's. We need to shore up the defense though because the Ravens will contain to run on us until we can show something else.
        Lamar is obviously more difficult to contain than Baker. No doubt. Baker’s a better passer and Balt doesn’t have Nick Chubb or Kareem Hunt.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

CLE is our nightmare matchup. BAL isn't.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Agreed. But I hate watching Lamar and playing QBs like him. Very frustrating and he can burn you bad with his movement.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

We always played them close, but I like our match up I think even though this is a tough game on the road, we coming off a bad tackling game where I know Staley it will have an emphasis on basic tackling. Unlike Cleveland their best running threat is Lamar Jackson I think we use Derwin James as our spy on him and I don't see their receivers being a threat, Containing their TE Andrews is their biggest threat outside of Jackson. Winnable game just don't be a folly of miss-tackles like we were with Cleveland. We should come out strong because we can be 5-1 going into week 7 bye, and hopefully extra rest get Bulga, Jones, Justin Jackson, and Murray back for week 8 against the Patriots and the schedule outside our divisional foes gets a lot easier

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Baltimore opens as a 3.5 pt favorite over the Chargers.

Discuss
                That +3.5 is tempting and some Brandon Staley sized balls would tease that up to +6.

After watching Staley’s post game I fully expect the defense to look much better this week. This is a tough one but we always give the Ravens problems should be a good one.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Ravens can run (mostly just Lamar). But their OL isn’t close to the Browns, even with the Browns’ injuries.

Villanueva is in for Stanley and he’s old and banged up. The other guys: Powers, Bozeman, Zeitler, Mekari. Good but not great.

The Browns IOL is superb. Their RBs are superb. And they may have benefited by playing guards as tackles since they really didn’t need to pass to gash our defense.

The Ravens’ OL is average and their RBs are average. If we hold Lamar to -100 yards, we have a good chance. But I have a feeling they’re gonna take the reigns off and tell Lamar to go buck wild.

Will Staley go zone with 2 QB spies?
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Also, I worry about Oweh vs Storm. Oweh is that smaller, twitcher kind of edge (like Parsons) that seems to give Norton fits.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

I expect we are zone heavy this week. Look for a bounce back game by Tillery.

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        CLE is our nightmare matchup. BAL isn't.
                        Agreed. Cleveland is a big problem for us because they're so physically dominant in the trenches. The Ravens running game is more scheme oriented and I'm confident in Staley figuring out how to minimize the damage they do on the ground. Plus Latavius Murray/the corpse of LeVeon Bell are not Chubb/Hunt. Also that Baltimore defense is going to blitz over and over again and I'm very confident in Herbert to handle that.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍