Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    They don't plan on putting him on IR so week-to-week. Bye week after the BAL game.
    Staley said he’s getting a second opinion. Could end up on IR. Fingers crossed it’s not that serious. But we’re getting hit at LB which was one of our thinnest position groups

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Damn... This game.... We ;thought the Browns game was huge. 2 front runners. Taking a road win against the Ravens into the bye would be stellar!

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Last I heard they are looking for a second opinion.
        And he’s ugly too.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

The first 3:50 is Chargers vs Ravens matchup content.

Last edited by Bolt Dude; 10-13-2021, 07:32 PM.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Malcom Floyd would get speared in the ribs by a defender and miss several weeks, there were fans that called him "injury prone".

It was stupid. ANYone who took a helmet to the ribs as Floyd did would have experienced the same injury. He was unlucky to get speared.

As you note, Drue's season opening 2020 injury wasn't an "unforced error", so to speak-- Having your leg broken in the fashion his was does *not* demonstrate a too-fragile-for-the-NFL physical constitution.

His pec injury? I have no idea what happened, so I can't offer an opinion. But I feel confident that it doesn't make him someone who's injury prone.
            Injury prone doesn’t take into account how you get injured. Every injury is a freak accident, not a single athlete has ever purposely gotten injured while trying to get injured.

Tony Romo was an injury prone player. Nick Hardwick was an injury prone player. Buster Davis was an injury prone player. Bob Sanders was an injury prone player. And all of their injuries weren’t “unforced errors” but if they get injured because of it and miss games then their considered injury prone.

I didn’t say Tranquill is an injury prone player already. I said he may be one. It would depend on how rest of his career goes. It might be just a random thing and he misses a handful of games and he’s back. The first reports weren’t promising and hinted at perhaps him going on the season ending IR which I guess is not the case any longer.
            Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Injury prone doesn’t take into account how you get injured. Every injury is a freak accident, not a single athlete has ever purposely gotten injured while trying to get injured.
              You missed the point. Not even CLOSE to *every* injury is a "freak accident". Some bodies break down under the stress of NFL abuse constantly. Others are more durable. Jason Verrett tore his ACL four times making ordinary tackles that most NFLers survive intact on a regular basis.

Malcom Floyd's body didn't break down under the usual wear-and-tear conditions. Late in his career, he got hit under the chin by an opponent's helmet and sprained his neck. Having personal fouls committed against you is different from being injury prone.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

You missed the point. Not even CLOSE to *every* injury is a "freak accident". Some bodies break down under the stress of NFL abuse constantly. Others are more durable. Jason Verrett tore his ACL four times making ordinary tackles that most NFLers survive intact on a regular basis.

Malcom Floyd's body didn't break down under the usual wear-and-tear conditions. Late in his career, he got hit under the chin by an opponent's helmet and sprained his neck. Having personal fouls committed against you is different from being injury prone.
                Your disagreeing on the definition of injury prone. Injury prone quite literally just means a player that’s frequently injured. It doesn’t matter how the injuries happened.

And this isn’t my opinion, it’s the actual dictionary definition.

Definition of injury-prone

: frequently injured

an athlete who is injury-prone

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/injury-prone

- 69-74 record
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

I hope this issue gets worked out quickly because the Ravens stadium will likely be louder than SoFi was.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I hope this issue gets worked out quickly because the Ravens stadium will likely be louder than SoFi was.
                    It won’t be loud when they’re on defense if the fans know what they’re doing.

he wasn’t used to playing in front of a majority home crowd that made noise when Cleveland was on offense. Can’t blame him. It’s been 4-5 years

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

SHORT WEEK.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                        Jason Moore? Did he need to be protected? Was he on anybody’s radar?

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Jason Moore? Did he need to be protected? Was he on anybody’s radar?
                          In retrospect, the designation is stupid.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞