• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    At some point our 4th down luck will end and we will take a bad loss here or there. 12 or 13 wins is doable this season.
    Mentally I notice our offense seems to be more engaged on 4th down passing plays than the opposing defense which seems tentative and unsure. Our weapons are wide open on 4th downs. I think Staley and co. gauges those sort of things along with analytics.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

If Keenan keeps dropping balls we WILL miss a 4th down conversion. What's up with him this year? In any case I think 14 wins is totally doable this season.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Mentally I notice our offense seems to be more engaged on 4th down passing plays than the opposing defense which seems tentative and unsure. Our weapons are wide open on 4th downs. I think Staley and co. gauges those sort of things along with analytics.
        The quick snap technique is helping a lot too. We’ve used it on 3rd downs, 4th downs, and 2-point conversions.

Strategy like that come from meticulous preparation, which comes from Staley and his ability to get the team to ‘buy in.’

It’a not just analytics, it’s superior coaching.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          If Keenan keeps dropping balls we WILL miss a 4th down conversion. What's up with him this year? In any case I think 14 wins is totally doable this season.
          I worry a little about that too.

But then I think about how much pride Keenan has for his craft and I know he’ll get it straightened out.

Even at that, Allen leads the league in first-down conversion receptions (12) on 3rd and 4th down.
          Last edited by Bolt Dude; 10-14-2021, 07:26 PM.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

The quick snap technique is helping a lot too. We’ve used it on 3rd downs, 4th downs, and 2-point conversions.

Strategy like that come from meticulous preparation, which comes from Staley and his ability to get the team to ‘buy in.’

It’a not just analytics, it’s superior coaching.
            We lead the NFL in 4th quarter points so the execution throughout the first 3 quarters are prelude for strong 4th quarter finishes with no turnovers. At a point where defenses wear out and without the morale boosters from turnovers because there are none to be had. Just an offense getting its second wind peaking behind a QB looking like the Infinity Ultron slicing and dicing the defense apart with precision.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍