• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Storm Norton. I could mistaken him for a professional wrestler.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

He doesn't look like a football player at all. But he has improved a lot. This coaching staff is really impressive in a lot of ways.
      You are right, he doesn't look like a football player. I was going to say this, but I didn't want people to feel I was denigrating him. If he continues to improve, well, that's all you can ask for.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

I don't think it's denigrating. He needs to get stronger on tape too.

His peak career earning potential is coming up in a couple years. Everything I've seen from him he seems like a good guy. I'm rooting for him, and I think getting an NFL body goes a long way to that.

Comment

• Old Marine
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2014
          • Send PM

He looks like a fat hippie.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Hi OM! Great to see you back, friend.

I agree with your comment but today they are called Hipsters, I think. They drink PBR and have man buns vs smoking dope and love ins. Otherwise, largely the same.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If he can progress into a serviceable starter at RT, that would be a huge win. We don’t need the massive mauling RT (although it would be nice). We’ve got a stud QB and everything will flow from him. We need pass protection way more than we need a guy to run defenders over in the run game. So as long as he isn’t getting run over in passing situations, we need a guy who can keep defenders in front of him and give Herbert time to throw. Herbert is such a good QB that if we go with Ekeler and two TEs, that’s a solid running setup, but teams will almost be forced to go nickel against us because that gives Herbert great passing options. And if we’re facing nickel looks while in two TE sets, that’ll be a great situation to run the ball.

The short of all of it is that I’m excited to see him progress.

Also, the pic of his newborn son with the football is just awesome.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Hi OM! Great to see you back, friend.

I agree with your comment but today they are called Hipsters, I think. They drink PBR and have man buns vs smoking dope and love ins. Otherwise, largely the same.

TG
                He looks like a poor man Andre the Giant :tongue:

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Also, speaking about an O-lineman progressing, I still remember the old board and Kris Dielman circa 2003-2005. There wasn’t a person on that board in 2004 who didn’t think he was pure trash and a waste of a roster spot. But Marty believed in him and they coached him up. That guy was the anchor of our O-line from 2006 onward. And then he became a favorite of the board. I loved that guy. He went out and was looking to punish defenders.

But it wasn’t all roses and sunshine. It took patience and good coaching plus a guy that was super motivated. The guy was an undrafted free agent who might have landed in Canton were it not for the head injuries cutting his career short. And I’m not saying Norton is gonna be another Dielman, but I am saying that he is showing progress and responding well to coaching.

Kinda makes you wonder if Pipkens could be coached up to a level of being respectable…

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    Also, speaking about an O-lineman progressing, I still remember the old board and Kris Dielman circa 2003-2005. There wasn’t a person on that board in 2004 who didn’t think he was pure trash and a waste of a roster spot. But Marty believed in him and they coached him up. That guy was the anchor of our O-line from 2006 onward. And then he became a favorite of the board. I loved that guy. He went out and was looking to punish defenders.

But it wasn’t all roses and sunshine. It took patience and good coaching plus a guy that was super motivated. The guy was an undrafted free agent who might have landed in Canton were it not for the head injuries cutting his career short. And I’m not saying Norton is gonna be another Dielman, but I am saying that he is showing progress and responding well to coaching.

Kinda makes you wonder if Pipkens could be coached up to a level of being respectable…
                    Dielman was a Pro Bowler every season from 2007-10. He was the NFL's elite left guard during those years. He as All Pro in 2008-9. He was nasty and the baddest MoFo on the field at any given time. It don't know if StorNor can match Dielman's bad assery, but otherwise it's a good comparison.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

How nice would it be if Norton shows Dielman-like improvement and becomes a solid piece come playoff time?

It would mean we could spend our choice draft picks on DL and pass rushers. Look at Buffalo. They’re defensive front is stacked and the keep them fresh by rotating them throughout the game.

I’ve been pretty opinionated when it comes to OL, and we still need depth, but imagine what our team could be if we can get steady pressure and stop the run?
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Look at them arms. He's just a long man to get around.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Storm hasn't got Herbert killed so that is a plus, he has taken baby steps in improving and does his over-all play make me feel secure? No but I trust Coach Staley and the staff in the way they coach players up and if Storm was doing that bad, I think he would sit him down after all the sat Asante Samuel Jr down.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍