• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Anyone expect Kelley to get more touches this week? Is JJ hurt again?
    I'd like to see how Kelley does behind this line.
    With our new and improved O line, Roundtree and Kelley should provide enough to support Ekeler.
    But definitely look to upgrade next year in the draft( just not in round 1 or 2! Edge, Corners, Big Uglies there, please)

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      Anyone expect Kelley to get more touches this week? Is JJ hurt again?
      I'd like to see how Kelley does behind this line.
      With our new and improved O line, Roundtree and Kelley should provide enough to support Ekeler.
      But definitely look to upgrade next year in the draft( just not in round 1 or 2! Edge, Corners, Big Uglies there, please)
      Kelly caught 23 catches with zero drops his rookie season. There's some opportunity for him I the passing to gain his confidence back which could translate to his running game.

We've only seen him behind last year's funky o-line and in 2021's preseason where we rested our starters. He's only got 2 rushes for 8.5 average in 2021 which is a small sample size BUT I do hope he passes Roundtree in the depth charts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
        If Eckler ever gets injured, we're a .500 team. If the Ravens can get 3 new RBs in a month, we should be able to pick up 1. Practice squad RBs are not going to cut it!
        We could play no RB the rest of this season and still be at least a .500 team.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2020
          • Send PM

Todd gurley is waiting us

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
            Todd gurley is waiting us
            LOL! I don't think they will even think this until they lose 2 more games over the next two weeks. Atlanta would have to be 2-5 at the trade deadline. I have a feeling that November 1st will be a very busy day in the league. Given that we have an extra game this year they really should increase the trade deadline to 16th of November.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

LOL! I don't think they will even think this until they lose 2 more games over the next two weeks. Atlanta would have to be 2-5 at the trade deadline. I have a feeling that November 1st will be a very busy day in the league. Given that we have an extra game this year they really should increase the trade deadline to 16th of November.
              Gurley is a free agent
              he is no longer with the falcons we can sign him right now

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Gurley is a free agent
                Wow, I missed that...I thought he was under a 1 year contract? Did they cut him? That's for 2020...I guess no one signed him to 2021. December addition for a playoff team given his health history.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Gurley is a free agent
                  His knee is shot. He is not an upgrade over anyone on our roster or PS.

THE CASE AGAINST GURLEY:

It would appear that Gurley’s knee discomfort is the result of early onset osteoarthritis. The symptoms that Gurley was having in 2018 were likely secondary to inflammation due to osteoarthritis (OA). It’s not uncommon to develop OA following an ACL tear. Studies have shown people who suffer an ACL tear are more likely to develop OA 10 years after their original injury. Although the demographics of these studies are not specific to NFL players, it offers some explanation to why Gurley is having these symptoms four to five years after his ACL rupture. When studying players in the age range of Gurley and with a similar past medical history, we see that the rate of knee OA is high (around 20-30%) [1]. The main issue with OA and knee inflammation is there is no treatment for it. It can be managed but it never truly goes away unless you get a total joint replacement which would effectively end Gurley’s career. This means Gurley can play through the pain as long as he can stand it, but the inflammation will continue to develop and get worse with time and the stresses of football.

Research has also shown that after an ACL tear your knee is never exactly the same. The knee joint is biologically and physiologically altered. Over time this can impair neuromuscular patterns of muscle groups around the knee joint – more specifically the quadriceps [2]. The quadriceps is the muscle that Gurley strained in 2019. Another sign that hints lingering issues for Gurley post-ACL surgery.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Can he kick FG's and extra points with that gimpy knee?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Gurley is a free agent
                      Gurley is done. It's unfortunate but McVay used the shit out of him and he became damaged goods.
                      HIs knee is arthritic now I believe

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Lol, I keep posting and then afterwards see your posts. Anyways, agree.

Actually it's not often ACL tears deteriorate the knee joint as fast as his.
                        Keenan by that article should likely not get another extension but if he is feeling good......who knows. They replace the torn ACL with a tendon which is actually stronger but it's the cartilage that could have damage when injured and deteriorate quickly.

Man that hurts. Been there, replaced that

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, I keep posting and then afterwards see your posts. Anyways, agree.

Actually it's not often ACL tears deteriorate the knee joint as fast as his.
                          Keenan by that article should likely not get another extension but if he is feeling good......who knows. They replace the torn ACL with a tendon which is actually stronger but it's the cartilage that could have damage when injured and deteriorate quickly.

Man that hurts. Been there, replaced that
                          Keenan game isn't predicated on speed, power or quickness he is an excellent route runner so he should continue to be productive, but Todd Gurley game was predicated on speed, power or quickness and a RB takes more punishment than a receiver.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍