Should We Stop Going For It On 4th Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tol
    replied
    Only three guys have hands that I really trust. Two if you're throwing a fade or high ball (Sorry Ekeler).

Keenan and Josh have the hands. Mike has the height, but he scares me when he goes to the ground, health wise and ball wise.

If 4 tries ain't enough on the goal line, we should be kicking on our next 4th and goal. And the one after that.

I like going for it against almost any other team. But against the Chiefs in a winner-takes-division game, you need points.

Leave a comment:

• FoutsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, he made good decisions that the players let him down on. Should have had 2 more TDS and we win easily.
    The one before half time I think was a bad call. Should have taken the FG at that point. The others, yes it was terrible execution by the players.

Also, with all these analytic guys they need to be able to go with the feel of the game as well as the numbers. Tonight, had a bad feel on 4th even if the numbers said it was a good call.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied

No, he made good decisions that the players let him down on. Should have had 2 more TDS and we win easily.
    Agree, execution issues. However, luck seemed to be a big factor today with a few plays. Probability can be a biotch.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
    Staley should stop being greedy. He's making bad decisions with the greediness.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersPowderBlue
    replied
    Staley should stop being greedy. He's making bad decisions with the greediness.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    The Chargers entered this game having converted more than 80 percent of their third- and fourth-and-1s this season, according to TruMedia.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
    Going for it on 4th down is ridiculous given how much the team has regressed. Ask yourself. If you could not make the yards on 3rd down, what makes you think you could do it on 4th?
    It’s not ridiculous. What you’re saying is similar to saying that if we can’t get the yards on 2nd down, why bother on 3rd down.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would say YES again.

Or at least...call timeout and make a good call. I would have called a Herbert sweep.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Going for it on 4th down is ridiculous given how much the team has regressed. Ask yourself. If you could not make the yards on 3rd down, what makes you think you could do it on 4th?

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

No. Popper pointed out a couple times when the numbers said we should have gone for it.
    The 4th and 2 before the FG was definitely more dicey than the 4th and 5 from earlier in the game. I think I would have kicked the FG as well since we were down by 10.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
    Looks like we have. Good thing too. It would have been worse.
    If anything, this game was a case for it.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    Did we go for it at all in the Vikings game on 4th down?
    No. Popper pointed out a couple times when the numbers said we should have gone for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X