Should We Stop Going For It On 4th Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going for it on 4th down is ridiculous given how much the team has regressed. Ask yourself. If you could not make the yards on 3rd down, what makes you think you could do it on 4th?

Comment

I would say YES again.

Or at least...call timeout and make a good call. I would have called a Herbert sweep.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
        Going for it on 4th down is ridiculous given how much the team has regressed. Ask yourself. If you could not make the yards on 3rd down, what makes you think you could do it on 4th?
        It’s not ridiculous. What you’re saying is similar to saying that if we can’t get the yards on 2nd down, why bother on 3rd down.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

The Chargers entered this game having converted more than 80 percent of their third- and fourth-and-1s this season, according to TruMedia.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Staley should stop being greedy. He's making bad decisions with the greediness.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              Staley should stop being greedy. He's making bad decisions with the greediness.
              No, he made good decisions that the players let him down on. Should have had 2 more TDS and we win easily.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, he made good decisions that the players let him down on. Should have had 2 more TDS and we win easily.
                Agree, execution issues. However, luck seemed to be a big factor today with a few plays. Probability can be a biotch.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The one before half time I think was a bad call. Should have taken the FG at that point. The others, yes it was terrible execution by the players.

Also, with all these analytic guys they need to be able to go with the feel of the game as well as the numbers. Tonight, had a bad feel on 4th even if the numbers said it was a good call.

Comment

• Tol
                    From Accounting
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Carlsbad
                    • Send PM

Only three guys have hands that I really trust. Two if you're throwing a fade or high ball (Sorry Ekeler).

Keenan and Josh have the hands. Mike has the height, but he scares me when he goes to the ground, health wise and ball wise.

If 4 tries ain't enough on the goal line, we should be kicking on our next 4th and goal. And the one after that.

I like going for it against almost any other team. But against the Chiefs in a winner-takes-division game, you need points.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I think they need to be a bit more judicious about it.

I do think, if you are going into the game and you aren't expecting the D to do as well, if you are Staley you might feel like you are playing from behind even before the opening KO, which is why you are going for it on 4th down. Just saying.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

4th down attitude got a couplke wins early that previous seasons would have been losses.
                        I am ok with it

Players need to execute better

Comment

• Going for it on 4th down cost them the game. But whatever...who cares right? Most here seem to love it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍