Should We Stop Going For It On 4th Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
    There was no reason to believe in the defense at the time. I have no problem with the call. Maybe not so much the play call (though it should have worked), but they needed offensive juice if they wanted to have any hope of coming back. Just wasn't there today.
    So Staley has no confidence in the defense. but he does in the kicker?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This is the type of conservative thinking that got Lynn fired. It was the right call.
    ON OUR OWN 20. And we were having no success against them. No running. Covering us like flypaper. It would not have hurt to punt and collect our thoughts. Thats fine if you are for it...but IMO that was not the situation or the time. The Ravens came to play...the Chargers were already on bye-week.

They will figure it out. I like the 4th down calls like in the KC game...but the Bolts were just not clicking today..especially Herbert....so less probability of success.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    Live by the sword, die by the sword. We needed to turn things around. Our defense was getting gashed. It was the right call.
    Yup. It absolutely was. You’re not always going to make it and that’s fine. But better to take the calculated chance than turtle up like a lot of conservative coaches these days.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    So to answer your question:

Cbs No GIF by HULU

Leave a comment:

• BearWithJetpack
    replied
    There was no reason to believe in the defense at the time. I have no problem with the call. Maybe not so much the play call (though it should have worked), but they needed offensive juice if they wanted to have any hope of coming back. Just wasn't there today.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
    The call today...on our own 20...in the beginning of the third quarter...I have never seen anything like that....I can see it at the end of the game in desperation time, or when we are out of field goal range but past the 50...and our kicker is suspect....but not on your own 20. It borders on insanity. Especially with the way the Ravens defense had been playing. Why would the Raven defense be any less effective on a 4th down? We got very lucky with a field goal on that one. Seriously....the honeymoon is over...Telesco needs to have a talk with the coach.

I no longer think Staley is almost perfect. He has a flaw.
    This is the type of conservative thinking that got Lynn fired. It was the right call.

Leave a comment:

• Parcells
    replied
    Live by the sword, die by the sword. We needed to turn things around. Our defense was getting gashed. It was the right call.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The call today...on our own 20...in the beginning of the third quarter...I have never seen anything like that....I can see it at the end of the game in desperation time, or when we are out of field goal range but past the 50...and our kicker is suspect....but not on your own 20. It borders on insanity. Especially with the way the Ravens defense had been playing. Why would the Raven defense be any less effective on a 4th down? We got very lucky with a field goal on that one. Seriously....the honeymoon is over...Telesco needs to have a talk with the coach.

I no longer think Staley is almost perfect. He has a flaw.

Leave a comment:

• TPB Welcome Team
    started a topic Should We Stop Going For It On 4th Down?

Should We Stop Going For It On 4th Down?

OP is 2nd post in thread.

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍