Welcome Andre Roberts WR/KR

Pro bowl returner last 3 years.

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 9.58.43 AM.png
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Nice.

Maybe Lambo soon...........................

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Pro bowl returner last 3 years.

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 9.58.43 AM.png
      I was just looking at him after he was cut as a possible return man option. That is a significant signing by us, though his numbers are down this year somewhat.

Comment

What was our corresponding roster move? We are wasting a roster spot on K.J. Hill for the same special teams need.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

TT showing signs of life.... I still think he sucks... weakest link of this team! :larry:

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
            What was our corresponding roster move? We are wasting a roster spot on K.J. Hill for the same special teams need.
            Seems obvious to release KJ.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Even if he is an average returner instead of his previous pro bowl form he is still a drastic improvement. Good signing, hopefully 1 or 2 more to come to help shore up the run D.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I’d take average.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                    Nice.

Maybe Lambo soon...........................
                    I have read that after an injury to his hip, Lambo has not been as effective as he once was for Jacksonville. He is 0-3 this year in FGAs, though one was 40+ yards and the other two were 50+ yards.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Go after the Washington kicker. He is better and more consistent and has no bad history here like lambo does. He just had a bad game and got the smoosh.
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Was actually vocal about wanting Patterson this offseason. Back end WR/RB. And stud returner. For 3M. Having a big impact on offense for the Falcons. Patterson and Fournette would likely be helping us. Both guys i really wanted. So this isnt hindsight. I get it its cheaper to draft those positions. But it only works if you get that right. Kind of never do imo. Thats why im past that. Im at the point where im just paying for guys who can do these things. OT as well. We just dont develop these positions that well. And they hurt us year after year.

Im only saying this because i feel every year fans are pretty good about knowing needs and expecting less than stellar production from the same position groups year over year. Might be the most informed fan base in the league just based on the fact that every season we expect the same crap from the same position groups. And it happens. Probably not a good thing imo. I would kill to interview Telesco myself. Im beyond "we have to do better"

Its just crazy to me that every season.....returner....kicking.....IDL....Run game etc....Telsco and the coaches go with mediocrity. I wish a reporter who covers the bolts would ask Telesco why they are ok with a bad kicker....a lack of return game....suspect run game after Ekeler....and Storm/Pipkins liability issues? As well as the lack of run stopping. Year after year. Why do we not seem to care about these things? Why are we ok with mediocrity. I would ask Telesco.....maybe even Staley...."Do you even know better?" "Do you not see it hurting us?"

Its crazy to me that Charger fans often seem to know what to expect more than our team. I hate saying that.

LOL sorry im just venting here. Im not looking for a debate. Dont take me too seriously with this post. But im just so over the same broken sections of this team year over year. Im a draft guy. I feel like i could get it right? I feel like the guys i like year after year go to teams and do as expected. But i just dont have faith at this point that these festering wound needs will ever be taken seriously by Telesco. He has had so many good picks. And they obviously help. Not that i personally think its tough to make calls on players that fall in your laps. But i just wonder if sometimes its a philosophical belief that our 3rd OT....kicker....returner....DT.....etc is not viewed as important. Back up RB as well. McKitty? Over Hubbard or Stevenson? Lets stop wasting picks on positions that are usually pretty easy to draft.

I actually didnt expect to be 4-2 1/3 of the way into the season. I thought the schedule was really tough. Im beyond ecstatic to be sitting here at 4-2. And really good teams have shitty games on any given sunday. That team we saw against the Ravens is better than that. Im stunned Staley didnt take away the hashes. Jackson lives there. But for as cerebral and intelligent Staley is....players have to execute. Perfect storm of key players all playing bad on the same day. Much better days ahead.

But every year we are scratching our heads at these positions. And im losing faith we can ever get it right. This kid on the Ravens Practice squad. Jake Verity was expected to net a draft pick in return. He literally gave Tucker a run for his money in camp and pre. Ravens have a history of developing good kickers. Id look at that kid as he is unprotected. But if we do nothing at kicker....this is essentially the point im trying to make in general. Just the idea we are ok with mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍