Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Why trade for the #2 kicker in the league not just call up the #1 kicker in the league up in Baltimore?
    Justin Tucker is 32. Koo is 27.

besides, given the long term strategy that the Ravens use, would a run first, strong D let their #1 kicker go? They are in as much or more need of a #1 kicker than we are.

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Justin Tucker is 32. Koo is 27.

besides, given the long term strategy that the Ravens use, would a run first, strong D let their #1 kicker go? They are in as much or more need of a #1 kicker than we are.
      I thought the point of this hypothical trade was that Koo would be the diffrence between playing a playoff game and not making it. I figured if it was just 1 season why not get the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
        I told you we should've traded for Koo.

He won Atlanta at least 4 games this year.

He would of come in handy on the 51 yard FG today, add another 46 yard FG we didn't attempt against the Chiefs, and we wouldn't be in this position.

A good kicker is worth at least 2 wins per season and where would that put us now?
        And you were wrong. Look at the TB% for both Koo and Hopkins. Hopkins has a huge advantage. Long returns (and returns period) against us disappeared for the most part this year.

There is not much to choose from between the two kickers in terms of FGs. Hopkins missed two FGs for us, both longer than 50 yards. Koo missed two FGs for ATL, one 40-49 yards and the other 50+ yards. Koo may be very slightly more accurate. Hopkins has a much more powerful leg.

I would rather have Hopkins.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I thought the point of this hypothical trade was that Koo would be the diffrence between playing a playoff game and not making it. I figured if it was just 1 season why not get the best?
          I didn't know.

Personally, I don't like the idea of trading for a kicker. First, how much are the Chargers even going to try and take advantage of a K going forward?

If Staley keeps going for it, K is going to be severely devalued.

Using the same line of thinking, you could apply that to almost any position. Better running game. Better pass catcher. Better pass coverage.
          Last edited by Steve; 01-27-2022, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
            Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Oregon
            • Retirement
            • Send PM

Well, I must have missed it. When was Tristan Vizcaino cut? I thought that he was on the practice team but I do not see a practice team listing on Chargers.com.
            Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post
              Well, I must have missed it. When was Tristan Vizcaino cut? I thought that he was on the practice team but I do not see a practice team listing on Chargers.com.
              They clear the practice squad at the end of the season. Anyone they want to keep they sign to a reserve contract for the next season.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
                Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Oregon
                • Retirement
                • Send PM

Oh, I see. Thanks Bolt-O.
                Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

Working...
                X