Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

hmmm... did you see last years game? have chargers corrected the propels that got us shut out or nearly shut out last year or last week?

and pats have a better QB this year than they had last year.....

not saying we cant win, but chargers have had better teams than NE a number of times, only to lose and usually they dominate us.......like they did last year... ... i think last time we beat NE, LT ran all over them...... and that was along long time ago..... our tackling and STs must improve to have a shot.....
    We have no chance. Staley should just forfeit the game to save the chance for injuries.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

We have no chance. Staley should just forfeit the game to save the chance for injuries.
      Funny, after the Baltimore game I felt like we could have rested our starters if we new in advance most of the team was gonna suck in that game. LOL!

:beer:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

hmmm... did you see last years game? have chargers corrected the propels that got us shut out or nearly shut out last year or last week?

and pats have a better QB this year than they had last year.....

not saying we cant win, but chargers have had better teams than NE a number of times, only to lose and usually they dominate us.......like they did last year... ... i think last time we beat NE, LT ran all over them...... and that was along long time ago..... our tackling and STs must improve to have a shot.....
        On what planet was a 3-8 Chargers team coached by Anthony Lynn better than a 5-6 Patriots team coached by Hoodie

Now, historically, the Patriots have beaten the Chargers with Hoodie as their HC. But the Chargers coaches for the last 14 eyars were Norvous Norv, Visor McCoy and Lynn. Thats not good

I don't think its fair to use last years game as a baseline for this year. And who have the Patriots beaten: a lousy Jets team, a lousy Texans team and lousy Jets team, again.

I get that the Chargers shouldn't be over-confident but the Chargers this year are better than last years team. And they also have a better coach

Hoodie hasn't coached against a Chargers head coach worth a s**t since Marty - now he will.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Both the offense and defense totally different from last time we played patriots. But belicheck is smart and will study the ravens and will study us and continue to pick at weaknesses. Hoping our superior talent and Staley overcome it. This is not a gimme.
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Both the offense and defense totally different from last time we played patriots. But belicheck is smart and will study the ravens and will study us and continue to pick at weaknesses. Hoping our superior talent and Staley overcome it. This is not a gimme.
            I agree. I bet you his D will exactly mimick the Ravens.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Agreed. I am not taking the Patriots lightly. I just am not putting this Patriots team on a pedestal either. Good game plan to start. Chargers offense will probably play better than against the Ravens. Defense will have some tweaks with the bye week. I am confident, like you said, in Staley to have the team better prepared

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

No doubt Herbert and company have been grinding away at learning from their convincing loss at Baltimore
                I very much believe that spanking will be a blessing in disguise
                reminds me of when the Giants lost week 17 to New England before beating them in the superbowl (first time)
                Had we lost narrowly, I think it would be tempting to chalk it up luck and continue believing we're better than we are.
                I sincerely thank the Ravens for giving my qb an education, now watch him grow.
                .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

The Patriots are a much better team now than they were just a few weeks ago, primarily because of the improvement of their rookie QB, who looks to be the best one of the 2021 class at this point. They took Dallas to overtime and put 54 points on the board yesterday. They are going to be in the AFC playoff conversation. The Chargers **should** win this game, but I doubt it will be a blowout, either way.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Last year the Pats crushed us 45-0, then got pummeled by Staley and the Rams the next week 24-3 .

Yesterday the Pats crushed the Jets by 41 points. How will they respond against Staley this Sunday?

Recent history says the Pats don’t carry momentum from week to week. Bellichick also kills rookie QBs, and Herbert ain’t a rookie anymore.

This is the one game I’ve had circled since the schedule came out. But now it’s more than a revenge game. After the embarrassment in BAL, we need this win to get back on track—and keep up with the Turds.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

The weather for next Sunday looks good. A mix of sun and clouds, high about 70, little chance of rain, light wind. Get your 'Ween on.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        The weather for next Sunday looks good. A mix of sun and clouds, high about 70, little chance of rain, light wind. Get your 'Ween on.
                        Sofi has a roof

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

H
                          Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I agree. I bet you his D will exactly mimick the Ravens.
                          His D mimicked the Dolphins' last year.
                          He has the players to play the Raven's style...which generally is to suck hard on the opponents exhaust pipe.

Raven's D exposed big time yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡