POLL: Does Lombardi's Playcalling Stink?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'll agree we should be throwing deep a couple or few times a game so not sure why we arent doing that, especially last week with some stacked boxes and 1 single high safety, but going by targets, Palmer has more targets the last 3 weeks than Guyton.

I didnt say he was better but he is getting more targets now. Guyton has had drops one again last week in his only target. Palmer has 12 catches in 17 targets, Guyton has 11 catches in 23 targets.
    Last night Parham got more targets in a game than I have ever seen so far in his young career. He had one really bad drop but after that he played well. I think we are seeing him develop and grow right now. For his height he is a very smooth runner and hard to tackle, it takes a group to bring him down. I think he gets more involved going forward in the season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'll give credit to Lombo for:

1. Dialing up a few more midrange passes and one kind of long pass (the game winner to Mike Will), instead of doggedly sticking to those short and perimeter passes we used in the Vikes loss. When you have a talent like Williams, (and Guyton), it's mind-boggling that Mike Will hasn't been used more often on deeper routes the past several games. Lombo finally had the good sense to "Free Willy." Wonder if Staley had a talk with Lombo to make some changes...
      2. Ditching those lame bunch formations used in the Vikes game and going with more spread formations, to reduce the possibility of the Steelers stacking the box against us.
      3. If Lombo and/or Staley gave Herbie the green light to scramble more, then well done. But we don't know this.

What Lombo DOESN'T get credit for is:

1. Herbie extending several drives with his amazing scrambling ability and mostly pinpoint accuracy.
      2. Ekkie's amazing talent, vision, pass-catching and cutting ability to extend drives and score those FOUR TD's...a true career game...
      3. KA made some great catches also

So, let's give credit where it's due.
      Herbert pretty much said he called it. He said they noticed the CB dropped hard in the flat zone so Herbert told MW to be ready next time they called that play. Lombardi called the play but it was Herbert who dialed up the long throw as MW wasnt the #1 read.

Cant say i love all the real short passes, especially to KA as he just dont have the moves or speed to break it when he catches it at the LOS. Pittsburgh has been running bunch formations for years but they manage to throw deep.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Last night Parham got more targets in a game than I have ever seen so far in his young career. He had one really bad drop but after that he played well. I think we are seeing him develop and grow right now. For his height he is a very smooth runner and hard to tackle, it takes a group to bring him down. I think he gets more involved going forward in the season.
        I think we will see more Parham if Cook keeps dropping easy passes. We should call more plays to Anderson since he seems to have better hands.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think we will see more Parham if Cook keeps dropping easy passes. We should call more plays to Anderson since he seems to have better hands.
          I also like Anderson's YAC from several games in the past...I really think they should give Anderson a few handoffs as a RB...he's already better than Kelley...and might be a better RB than Rountree...Ekkie is amazing, but needs some help in the rotation to stay fresh...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I also like Anderson's YAC...I really think they should give Anderson a few handoffs as a RB...he's already better than Kelley...and might be a better RB than Rountree...Ekkie is amazing, but needs some help in the rotation to stay fresh...
            Anderson didnt have a reception yesterday so not sure who you are refering to. McKitty?

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Anderson didnt have a reception yesterday so not sure who you are refering to. McKitty?
              I like Anderson's YAC from several previous games...

Comment

• AZBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

It looked to me that JH was making a conscience attempt to take a little off the zip on the short passes Sunday......did you guys see the same as I?? ......JH was sensational yesterday.......Gradual improvements starting to have an impact, adding Hopkins and Roberts has helped, but too many opposition long returns and now that awful blocked punt. ST and Lombardi needs to step up.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

It’s inconsistent but still good.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

The comments herein have not aged well at all.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        The comments herein have not aged well at all.
                        Yes and no. Lombardi overall has been doing a decent to good job. The biggest problem I see is when things are not working like with Minnesota he did not change or adjust to get out of the funk. His play call last night on fourth down was bad. His play call against the Eggles on 4th and goal was not good. I am not a fan of dialing up 2 yard pass plays when you need 4. That seems to me to be a big issue.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          With so many teams with 6 wins it's not a given that we make the playoffs this year. We have to win 5 out of the next 7 to probably make it this year. When the offense uses all the team players we win...when we focus on forcing the ball to two players we lose most of the time. If anybody has been inconsistent it's been Lombardi. I mean if we're so down on Herbert I'm sure we can get 3 first round picks from Belicheck with Mac Jones as sweetener....

:shifty:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡