• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree... we need to be 4 deep at RB, and not loaded up with smallish injury prone RBs...... and they need to have speed..... all our backs are too slow except ekler....

the 2021 draft was loaded with RBs who could have helped us greatly and are plating well for over teams this season, but TT failed to see the need......
    MAN Roundtree is slow! he looks like a molasses drip in the dead of winter! I dont see explosion thru the hole and when he hits the hole it's like he's stuck in 2nd gear.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

MAN Roundtree is slow! he looks like a molasses drip in the dead of winter! I dont see explosion thru the hole and when he hits the hole it's like he's stuck in 2nd gear.
      Yeah it’s weird, he looks so much faster in his college tape. Extra weight?

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yeah it’s weird, he looks so much faster in his college tape. Extra weight?
        gotta say the same 'bout Joshua Kelley w/his UCLA tape.... man he just looked so solid, w/great timing and just enough shiftiness ?? !!
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Actually, I was interested in who you wanted to draft and when next year. So I hope you take that as a compliment.

Chalk it up to my laziness, but after a few positions and all the rest of the data, I gave up trying to sort that out. I’d have to load your post in an excel spreadsheet.

But looking at it again as an opinion of who’s returning, it’s more accessible. So congrats on that and taking what appears to be a lot of time to put it together.
          aha, and so it goes.... as actually you aren't quite so zeroed in on who's returning, nor who we should draft for the where nor when, and so.... you're actually one of us, as we all do our best to sort out the who, what, when and the where known as the NFL draft.... welcome to the Blues bro.... we'll be looking forward to your input, and no matter the when, where nor how you might be ready to offer the such.

:toyou:

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree... we need to be 4 deep at RB, and not loaded up with smallish injury prone RBs...... and they need to have speed..... all our backs are too slow except ekler....

the 2021 draft was loaded with RBs who could have helped us greatly and are plating well for over teams this season, but TT failed to see the need......
            Speaking of an RB re-do, we could have had...

...Trey Sermon instead of Josh Palmer...
            ...Michael Carter instead of McKitty...
            ...Kene Nwangwu, Rhamondre Stevenson, Chuba Hubbard or Kenneth Gainwell instead of Rumph...
            ...Khalil Herbert instead of Rountree...

...ouch...

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Speaking of an RB re-do, we could have had...

...Trey Sermon instead of Josh Palmer...
              ...Michael Carter instead of McKitty...
              ...Kene Nwangwu, Rhamondre Stevenson, Chuba Hubbard or Kenneth Gainwell instead of Rumph...
              ...Khalil Herbert instead of Rountree...

...ouch...
              Hindsight is great and so far those choices would be better than what we did....but it's still hindsight. If the Dolphins had hindsight, they'd have drafter Herbert (maybe the Bengals as well) and we'd have Tua as our QB - that would be the big ouch!

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Sports Illustrated: Six Teams That Should Be Better In the NFL's Second Half. https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/11/si...itans-patriots

Los Angeles Chargers

Current record: 5–3
                Projected second-half record: 7–2
                Projected final record:12–5

The Chargers have gone 1–1 since their bye week and squeezed out a close victory over the bottom-feeding Eagles after losing a game to the Patriots. While that may signal regression for some, their schedule breaks quite favorably over the winter months, with two games against the Broncos (I’m not calling the Broncos bad, but I am saying that Brandon Staley is a Vic Fangio apprentice, and thus, likely has some ideas on how to defeat his surging defense).

Justin Herbert has been playing middle-of-the-road football to this point. His play-by-play success rate is hovering in the high 40s and his completion percentage above expectation is barely above zero. This is not a reflection of who Herbert is, meaning that we should see more of the quarterback who piloted that stunning, three-game stretch in late September and early October when he completed 65% of his passes for 901 yards, 11 touchdowns and no interceptions. It may not be that good, but it’s going to be better than what we’ve seen the last three weeks, with a quarterback rating in the high 80s and a touchdown to interception ratio barely above 1:1.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                  Chargers Hall of Fame
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Ya, I'm not yet sold on this version of the Chargers. I LOVE Staley's enthusiasm and intellect. He fires me up. But what bothers me is we are the absolute worst run defense in the league and we put very little pressure on the opposing QBs. How do we have a defensive genius and have zero ability to stop the run? How do we have Bosa and James on that side of the ball and no real pressure??

I just don't get it. Is it our personnel? If so, then are we back to having a coach who is trying to fit the players into his scheme rather than molding a scheme around the strengths and weaknesses of our players? One thing I appreciate about Belichick is his ability to devise a defense for that week's opponent. I mean, look at what he did to Herbert (two years straight). Justin stated that he hadn't seen New England show a two-high safety look this year. Whatever. If true, it points to the idea of a coach scheming against a particular opponent. Look at Miami tonight.

I am not saying we are worse off with Staley. Again, love having him as our coach. But I am not sold on his defensive genius right now. He had stars with the Rams. Can he devise something better than the worst run D with the guys we have?

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Sports Illustrated: Six Teams That Should Be Better In the NFL's Second Half. https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/11/si...itans-patriots

Los Angeles Chargers

Current record: 5–3
                    Projected second-half record: 7–2
                    Projected final record:12–5

The Chargers have gone 1–1 since their bye week and squeezed out a close victory over the bottom-feeding Eagles after losing a game to the Patriots. While that may signal regression for some, their schedule breaks quite favorably over the winter months, with two games against the Broncos (I’m not calling the Broncos bad, but I am saying that Brandon Staley is a Vic Fangio apprentice, and thus, likely has some ideas on how to defeat his surging defense).

Justin Herbert has been playing middle-of-the-road football to this point. His play-by-play success rate is hovering in the high 40s and his completion percentage above expectation is barely above zero. This is not a reflection of who Herbert is, meaning that we should see more of the quarterback who piloted that stunning, three-game stretch in late September and early October when he completed 65% of his passes for 901 yards, 11 touchdowns and no interceptions. It may not be that good, but it’s going to be better than what we’ve seen the last three weeks, with a quarterback rating in the high 80s and a touchdown to interception ratio barely above 1:1.
                    Weird “middle of the road” for Player of the Week. And didn’t he win that earlier in the season too?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

He looked fast against the 3s :tired:

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

gotta say the same 'bout Joshua Kelley w/his UCLA tape.... man he just looked so solid, w/great timing and just enough shiftiness ?? !!
                        He looked good to me too in the few college games I watched him play. He looked like a physical baller with moves in college games. Maybe his competition sucked in college? I don't know.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                          Ya, I'm not yet sold on this version of the Chargers. I LOVE Staley's enthusiasm and intellect. He fires me up. But what bothers me is we are the absolute worst run defense in the league and we put very little pressure on the opposing QBs. How do we have a defensive genius and have zero ability to stop the run? How do we have Bosa and James on that side of the ball and no real pressure??

I just don't get it. Is it our personnel? If so, then are we back to having a coach who is trying to fit the players into his scheme rather than molding a scheme around the strengths and weaknesses of our players? One thing I appreciate about Belichick is his ability to devise a defense for that week's opponent. I mean, look at what he did to Herbert (two years straight). Justin stated that he hadn't seen New England show a two-high safety look this year. Whatever. If true, it points to the idea of a coach scheming against a particular opponent. Look at Miami tonight.

I am not saying we are worse off with Staley. Again, love having him as our coach. But I am not sold on his defensive genius right now. He had stars with the Rams. Can he devise something better than the worst run D with the guys we have?
                          Maybe DJ and Bosa aint enough.Maybe TTs defensive picks aint gonna cut it.

Comment

Working...
                          X