• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Easy to do when you have Jerry Tillery, Kenneth Murray and Storm Norton (Oh and Bulaga waiting to be activated) in your roster....
    Tillery is probably the only pass rusher on the interior, DT. The only pass rusher aside from Bosa and Nwosu. My goodness, JT is underrated.

Storm Norton isn't that bad. He's had his moments when he stepped up.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Tillery is probably the only pass rusher on the interior, DT. The only pass rusher aside from Bosa and Nwosu. My goodness, JT is underrated.

Storm Norton isn't that bad. He's had his moments when he stepped up.
      When u have to use a RB or a TE to repeatedly give him chipping or blocking help, Sluggish Storm is at least KIND OF bad...

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
        I know no one will agree with me on this but in this draft I think the Chargers need to think about drafting a RB in the first round. Eckler is a great third down back but imo he has actually hurt the Chargers run game because he can't consistently gain 5 plus yards. Sure he might have a couple of decent games here and there but he's not a focal point of the offense. Now wouldn't it be nice to be able just pound the ball down the other teams throat especially if your QB's game is off. This team is relying way to much on Herbert to win us games and when he fails fans question him. There's nothing wrong with having a little help. But then there's also our Run defense that needs to be addressed also. So what I'm hoping for is we sign someone in free agency maybe on or two players draft a running back with our first pick then go Cb second round lb'er 3rd round.
        We tried that several times since LT. Doesn’t work with a shitty OL.

The best rushing teams have powerful OL’s who blow defenders back from the LOS or consistently open lanes where the RB isn’t touched until he’s in the secondary.

The reason our defense is last in run defense is because every OL we’ve faced dominates them.

I would much prefer the team use top picks on OL versus RB….then allRB’s will perform better.

however, I do agree we could use an upgrade behind Eck.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

And we can’t blame injuries for losses this year. Congrats to Staley on emphasizing staying healthy.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Staley admitted that they are as good as their record indicates. And that both players and coach have to improve. But IMO, it's mainly the players and roster, which is Telesco and Spanos who need to do the most improvement.
            The philosophy of draft well and resign your own isn't happening at a high level at all. Example:
            2017 draft. Chargers picked 7 players. They are all on NFL rosters in 2021, but only 1 player Mike Williams is still on Chargers. These would be your 4th year seniors from that draft class. And I suspect Williams won't be resigned and Josh Palmer was drafted to replace him. And when that happens there will be zero players on roster from 2017 draft, yet all still in the NFL but on other teams. And Telesco values picks to much to trade for proven talent, but will use them to trade up for a player that he later won't resign?!! You never going to find a head coach good enough to overcome a roster with holes and who's draft classes at times result in no long term answers. You have to build a championship level roster first and then if the coach doesn't get it done, replace that coach.

Tom Telesco may just be the only G.M to start his first 9 seasons without a Division title. Anybody feel confident that's gonna change at 5-4 record or when the amazing incredible season that awaits us "Next Year" arrives. Been waiting for the great next season since 2004 season.

Comment

Working...
            X