• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

If you have about 45 minutes - watch this video about LT and Marty and the players of the early 2000 Chargers. It's long but it good.
    Explore Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson’s rise to stardom during his first five seasons in the NFL and how Marty Schottenheimer's bruising "Martyba...
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

Season ticket holder here from those days. End zone Plaza right above where the Chargers came out of the tunnel. Had those for years and then later moved to about the ten yard line plaza. The end zone ones were better. I started going to games in 61 with my step father. Great times.
      So were we!
      Plaza 21, row 4, last 2 on the end( visitor/LF side)
      I remember when Benirschke put it through the goal posts, every now and again the ball would hit the netting and then wrap around the railing. Then there'd always be some crazy fan who'd try to steal the ball! Usher's had other ideas.

Comment

• Craig440
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

So were we!
        Plaza 21, row 4, last 2 on the end( visitor/LF side)
        I remember when Benirschke put it through the goal posts, every now and again the ball would hit the netting and then wrap around the railing. Then there'd always be some crazy fan who'd try to steal the ball! Usher's had other ideas.
        Can't remember my section number but right above the Charger tunnel. Row 3 seat 3 and 4. Charley Joiner caught a TD and threw the ball into the seats. We all were going crazy and the ball was headed right for my very pregnant wife. The guy behind us dove over and knocked it down and hit his head on the seat in front of us. We gave him the ball when he woke up. Great times.Back then we got to know our fellow fans that sat around us every year. It was great.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Rocky Bleier: A reporter asked him if he ever had a conversation about his Vietnam adventures with Coach Chuck Noll. Rocky looked at them and said: I never had a conversation with Coach Noll.

Comment

Working...
          X