• Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post
    Steve,

So the reason we didn't throw deep pass more was because of the right side of OL?

Go Bolts!!!
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

OL protection and how teams were playing us.
    What Xenos said.

Comment

• TTThunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

(I only watched our games via NFL weekly highlight from YouTube...)

What I noticed from Herbert:

1. He didn't throw as many deep passes as last year...

​​​​​​(Even if the opponent tries to prevent it, I still think we need to make it work more often. It is Herbert's strength, and I believe we should plan our offense game to MAXIMIZE his strength...

I also prefer us to EXERT our wills on the defense (pro active), rather than taking what they give us (reactive)....

I think our OC often forgets that Herbert can throw deep very well....)
      ​​​​​
      2. I didn't recall seeing his throws batted down at the line of scrimmage at all last year. This year, it was like a few each games!!!

Why is that?? (As short as K.Murray is, his passes didn't seem to be batted down often....)

3. As bad as our OL was last year, I didn't see his throws off target a lot. This year, sometimes I wonder who he was targeting?!?

​​​​​​(Or is it because he didn't do as well under pressure as last year?)

4. So my concern is - is Herbert really improve this year? (In short, do we have proper QB coach & OC for him??)

​​​​​(Personally, I felt that the QB coach & OC did wonder for him last year. This year, I think they need to do more/better...)

Go Herbert!!!
      Last edited by TTThunder; 12-30-2021, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍