Steelers @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Exactly!!!

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

Hopefully the right side of the line can hold up a bit this game because you know Tomlin will try to stack and blitz the right side. Hopefully that leaves a WR open to torch someone.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
        If I make any more game or player predictions on anything please kick me in the balls.

Go Chargers! Go deep Justin! :larry::larry:
        LMAO - too funny!
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

It's prime time.
          maybe it shouldn't matter, but I think we need to flex a bit and make an impression on the league and fans

Let em know we are resilient and eager to beat that ass after a loss. We need to have potential free agents look at Staley as a guy they want to play for.
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
            Hopefully the right side of the line can hold up a bit this game because you know Tomlin will try to stack and blitz the right side. Hopefully that leaves a WR open to torch someone.
            Per Aditi K from the TOmlin presser today

looks like Minak F is out

TJ Watt - tbd with is hip and knee

TJ - just a suggestion. Nobody wants to see very good players get hurt. But I think taking a week off would do wonders for the healing process - no need to rush back!

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I shudder a bit at the thought of TJ Watt going against Norton.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                I shudder a bit at the thought of TJ Watt going against Norton.
                Exactly. TJ Watt at 75% probably still wins that matchup

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2020
                  • Send PM

The week before Thanksgiving, so I think Pittsburgh fans travel well.

Tomlin and his staff can scheme a defense, and it will mirror that played by the Ravens, Pats, and Vikings. If TJ Watt plays and is healthy enough, the offense will be affected even more. He has 12.5 sacks for a reason. If he does play, the offense will likely be more conservative and rely on shorter, quicker passes. But I think the Steelers defense will then force the issue if that is the approach.

On the other side, the QB uncertainty makes it tough to predict. I have to think the Chargers defense can stop -- in some way -- Mason Rudolph if he is the starter. Things may be a bit harder versus Roethlisberger. The Steelers only average 3.8 yards per rush right now and 6.4 per pass. But they are beating teams in time of possession. Harris looks pretty good and I think they will be able to run on the Chargers defense, becoming more effective if they win TOP.

I think this is a lower scoring, ugly, even sloppy game -- just what Tomlin wants. Several turnovers -- likely by both teams. The Steelers will get a few big special teams plays giving them a shorter field. I think 20 to 16ish, Steelers feels right given the state of the Chargers offense and how I expect the Steelers to play.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I just saw that our time of possession in the Vikes game was just over 23 minutes. Ain't gonna win shit that way.........

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      I just saw that our time of possession in the Vikes game was just over 23 minutes. Ain't gonna win shit that way.........
                      Time of possession is just not about controlling the ball and scoring. It could be just about getting a first down to take time off the clock to allow the defense more rest. It could be about flipping field position

So over the game - more plays - the defense couldn't get off the field. So its important the Chargers have better ball control

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                        Interesting to see if Lombardi employs a 2 TE set to help on the right side.
                        Wasn't McKitty drafted in the 3rd round to be an inline blocker?
                        Your 3rd rounders may not have to be highly productive but they do need to contribute in year 1, especially on a team that lacks any depth.
                        Norton will need help- Lombardi needs to give it to him.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          O was HORRIBLE Sunday!
                          D was gassed by Q4.....not good for a group that can't tackle anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X