Steelers @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Force Ben to throw it deep. Don’t give him any of the short stuff.
    I saw a stat that shows the Steelers, both Ben and Mason, show a large majority of their passes short. They probably do that as Ben is a statue and the more time it takes to throw - the more apt he is to get sacked or pressured

I am not sure the chargers play press coverage - but maybe hit the WRs off the ball to slow them down and bring pressure.

I want Staley to be very aggressive Sunday -- I think its pretty much a must win. Well maybe not a 100% must win but at least 80%.
    Its an AFC game - cannot get another loss. Need to keep that AFC record strong
    cannot get too far behind KC - as I am guessing they win Sunday

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw a stat that shows the Steelers, both Ben and Mason, show a large majority of their passes short. They probably do that as Ben is a statue and the more time it takes to throw - the more apt he is to get sacked or pressured

I am not sure the chargers play press coverage - but maybe hit the WRs off the ball to slow them down and bring pressure.
      Our pass rush is below average and some of our best DL are injured for this one. Ben is far too experienced to fool him with a blitz. We'll need to have a good day from our offense.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Our pass rush is below average and some of our best DL are injured for this one. Ben is far too experienced to fool him with a blitz. We'll need to have a good day from our offense.
        Thats very true. But the Steelers defense is banged up so that should help

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

I think I’d rather have Ben against us than Mason. Ben has been cleared to play.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Our only pass rusher right now, anyone not from the secondary level, is Nwosu. Tillery who gets too much hate is also one of the only other guys besides Bosa who provides pass rush. The guys who could potentially fill in their spot are going to have to rise to the challenge.

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            I think I’d rather have Ben against us than Mason. Ben has been cleared to play.
            This could be like the 2012 game. When Ben came back after not playing a game for them the week prior. He'll be rusty. The team did a good job against him that day, and the Chargers dominated the Steelers most of that game.

I want revenge for the 2019 game.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want Staley to be very aggressive Sunday -- I think its pretty much a must win. Well maybe not a 100% must win but at least 80%.
              Its an AFC game - cannot get another loss. Need to keep that AFC record strong
              cannot get too far behind KC - as I am guessing they win Sunday
              Ben also throws it short because his arm strength is shot like Drew Brees was. Can’t hit the deep ball consistently anymore if at all.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I am so demoralized by this team that I have zero hope of winning this game.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  We've lost 3 out of the last 4 games. So unless some of our younger players start stepping up your not alone. Lombardi with all his short tight window passes are not doing it for me. Our team and players need some space to make plays happen.

:shifty:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Bosa and Tranquill activiated. Will say hello to Ben Roethlisberger Sun night. With Michael Davis and Adderley also returning, the defense is going to be fully loaded for the first time in a while. The D is going to have a big game, I can feel it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ate-joey-bosa/

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I guess this is the best case scenario. We’ll miss Tillery pass rush but not his inconsistency in the run game. Missing Joseph is the concern now.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Steelers are in the same boat as us.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          I guess this is the best case scenario. We’ll miss Tillery pass rush but not his inconsistency in the run game. Missing Joseph is the concern now.

Darn, I forgot about Joseph being doubtful for this game. Maybe the defense won't be fully loaded as I had hoped. Tillery not playing is no big deal, but losing Joseph is going to put a lot of pressure on the interior DL. Justin Jones is going to need to have the game of his career. I didn't know they had re-signed Merrill to the PS. I just remember they had released him. I'm glad he is going to play. With the best player on the interior DL out, the strategy is going to have to be to have a number of DL available to rotate in and out to keep them fresh and strong. When the Chargers lost Jamal Williams for the season in 2009, Ron Rivera (the DC at the time) stocked up on DL. They were all journeymen and none of them were anything special, but they all got playing time each game, none of them took too many snaps and they didn't wear down. That worked out well, despite losing Jamal the defense held up and the Chargers won 13 games - 2nd best in franchise history - and had an 11-game win streak - longest in franchise history - to close out the season.

Comment

Working...
                          X