• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Normally, Herbert likes those throws going to his slot guy. They were playing the tendencies, trying to jump the pass and break the game open. Only when Herbert has time, he reads the field and doesn't try to force it to the #1 read, and goes to the open man.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Ekeler is averaging slightly more than 12 carries per game this season. His career average through 66 games is just under 8 carries per game. His average yards per carry for this season is identical to his career ypc: 4.7. Not great, but respectable. Ekeler provides just enough of a run game that defenses still have to account for it. He averages 57.3 yards per game. But he is scoring on the ground; he has 7 rushing TDs through 10 games this season; he has never scored more than 3 in a season previously. His 573 yds on the ground through 10 games is already a career high for him, a little more than his total through 16 games each of the past the previous 3 seasons. His 123 carries are almost a career high; he had 132 carries in 2019. He may surpass that next week.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        One more accolade for Ekeler. On the game-winning TD throw to Mike Williams. A blitzer off the left side has a free shot at Herbert, unblocked at the line. But Ekeler, who was lined up on the other side of Herbert runs in front of Herbert like he was shot out of a cannon and takes the blitzer's feet out from under him, and Herbert has enough time to make the throw.

https://streamable.com/lblxv2
        Good catch, Velo. I was at the game but always seem to miss so much, my old brain can't process all of the action in real time. Another gold star for Ekeler.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Ekeler is a metal head :larry:

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I just laugh when i see him come up against a single defender just waits for him…its just death…Ek jukes the guy 90% of the time. That 3rd TD was just textbook Ek getting by two guys that had position and he just jukes and stiff arms them in his way to split a few more guys for the td. Just masterful in space.

he may not get 25 carries a game but he is magic on 2/3rds of his touches.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              I just laugh when i see him come up against a single defender just waits for him…its just death…Ek jukes the guy 90% of the time. That 3rd TD was just textbook Ek getting by two guys that had position and he just jukes and stiff arms them in his way to split a few more guys for the td. Just masterful in space.

he may not get 25 carries a game but he is magic on 2/3rds of his touches.
              I still don't know how he got by all those Steelers on his way to the end zone on that 3rd TD. It was LT-esque. There is a video of Austin's 4 TDs at this link. Give Jared Cook an assist on helping make the 2nd Steeler miss, he used his big body to kind of knock him off Ekeler. http://www.espn.com/video/clip/clip?id=32687113

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I've posted this before, Eks is severely underpaid. Give the man a reworked and extended contract.
                Shhh! Don't give Ekkie any ideas! Bolts need to save up to extend HERBIE'S contract...now THAT will be mega-mega-BANK...cha-CHING!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Ekeler is the Aaron Donald of running backs. On paper you question how a 6-1, 284lb DT can dominate on the interior of the defensive line, which normally is the milieu of +300 pounders who are several inches taller. But then you see a pic of Donald with his shirt off and the muscles and strength he has, and you understand how he does it. Same with Ekeler. How does a diminutive RB play with such power, routinely powering through tackles, not just juking them out of their cleats, and manage to carry defenders into the end zone. He always seems to fall forward, gain a few extra yards after he's been stopped and is in the grasp. Then you see a pic of Ekeler with his shirt off - he's a smaller version of Donald. There's a reason they call him "PFP." He is a weight room warrior; a lot of his Instagram pics are of him in the weight room. He's stronger than just about every other player on the field, especially DBs, who are often left to try to tackle him.

14K likes, 522 comments - Austin Ekeler (@austinekeler) on Instagram: "Had to capture this pump with “Enter Sandman” blasting in the background 🎸🎸🎸😡"

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    His average yards per carry for this season is identical to his career ypc: 4.7. Not great, but respectable.
                    4.7 ypc is only respectable? I thought anything over 4 was gravy. I wouldnt say great but I'd say MOREthan respectable. He's not gonna be a bell cow RB with 25 touches and 100 yards a game but he provides a lot of other facets to the game.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

4.7 ypc is only respectable? I thought anything over 4 was gravy. I wouldnt say great but I'd say MOREthan respectable. He's not gonna be a bell cow RB with 25 touches and 100 yards a game but he provides a lot of other facets to the game.
                      OK, more than respectable. You will get no argument from me.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Yeah, I was going to have to comment on this as well.......AP, Walter, Emmitt, The Dick, Gore....all had YPC lower than that.
                        Granted, Barry and JB were higher...
                        Damn Velo, you set the bar HIGH, my man!
                        I'm sure we all are happy with 4.7 YPC, especially for an UDFA.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

Love EK

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂