• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I said no. He gets a year, and then next year until we, and if, we fail again. Gotta give him a season , and then an offseason to adjust to what went wrong, and what we can do better. This is a whole new operation, folks...coaches, system...give it a little time to breath. Outside of complete rigidness that results in predictable failures on offense throughout the rest of the season, he will likely be back next year.
    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

By the way, for all of you carrying around an axe....has anybody even noticed the obvious parity in the league this year? Give me the name of any team that hasn't shown their ass multiple times this year. Maybe the Cardinals if they were healthy. Bills, Bucs, Rams, Packers, Ravens...the list goes on. All the top teams have had some really shitty games, and some of their wins have been gifts...I wouldn't bet 5 bucks on a SB champion at this point. Hell, most of this forum was predicting 6 to 8 wins this year 5 months ago....now we are irate at the staff and ready to fire people cuz we can't reach 12 or 13? Fickle....
      The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Neither is Staley.
        He has Bosa/James healthy, Slater/Feiler/Lindsey added to the Oline, Tranquil/White healthy, and Herbert excelling: and they are a 500 team.

Mike McCoy did more with less his first year.
        McCoy had enough to win with his first season
        Rivers, Gates, Allen, Hardwick, Weddle, Luiget, Johnson, Scrifes, Novak and many more.
        He had some future starters in Remmers-OT and Guy-DL and didn't play them much and then cut them the next year. Another way to prevent the lines from improving, you have young talent, cut them and they become starters elsewhere, while you keep trying to find talent for the line of scrimmage.
        https://www.pro-football-reference.c...013_roster.htm
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Lombardi, it seems to me, has run out of playbook. And, the playbook he’s had is being thwarted quite easily by opposing defenses. To top it off, his play calling is downright boring to watch.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            Lombardi, it seems to me, has run out of playbook. And, the playbook he’s had is being thwarted quite easily by opposing defenses. To top it off, his play calling is downright boring to watch.
            Yep...the wideouts run either a stick route or perimeter route for around 5-8 yards. ZZZzzzzzZZZzzzzz....RB's run a swing pass and get stuffed, or a dump-off into the flats and get tackled quickly...ZZZZZzzzZZZZzzzzz...once every 2-3 games, Lombo lets Mike Will loose for a 20 yard pass....wow....defensive coordinators must be licking their chops planning for this hot mess...

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              This is the same offense and playbook that has finished top5 10 times in last 15 seasons for the Saints under Brees. Routinely scoring 450 or more points a seasons. You have to go back to 2009 for Chargers when Rivers lead them to 454 points and 13-3.

Chargers are currently 14th in points scored.
              If they can just drive one time more per game for a TD.
              One drive! That would put them 1st scoring in the entire NFL at 31.8 per game. I think improving the roster can help get that one more drive per game within this system. So I would do player upgrade first before I want to switch coaches or offensive systems again.

I say it's worth waiting for this thing to get rolling after one more off-season of upgrades before even thinking about an OC change.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

McCoy had enough to win with his first season
                Rivers, Gates, Allen, Hardwick, Weddle, Luiget, Johnson, Scrifes, Novak and many more.
                He had some future starters in Remmers-OT and Guy-DL and didn't play them much and then cut them the next year. Another way to prevent the lines from improving, you have young talent, cut them and they become starters elsewhere, while you keep trying to find talent for the line of scrimmage.
                https://www.pro-football-reference.c...013_roster.htm
                You've described most of the top half of the starters, and ignore the rest of the team.

Their D had Weddle and some solid players in Butler, Johnson & Liuget....not much else. Thomas Keiser was their best edge rusher.
                Who were their corners again?

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You've described most of the top half of the starters, and ignore the rest of the team.

Their D had Weddle and some solid players in Butler, Johnson & Liuget....not much else. Thomas Keiser was their best edge rusher.
                  Who were their corners again?
                  You are correct to point out the flaws in any of Telesco rosters, but fact is McCoy had plenty to win with. Gilchrist, Weddle, Marshall, Wright, Addae not the best names, but come on.....Rivers, Gates, Allen, Woodhead, Mathews, Royal. Scrifes and Novak. He wasn't overachieving at 9-7.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

.I like Herbert but he would be well served to work hard in practice to take a little off those short throws and get the location down to a more probable catch level....increasing the odds of catchability is much smarter than being stubborn and saying you got "two hands carch it"...... NFL games are full of drops, tips and deflections, increase catch probability andl you increase the odds of winning.
                    Sure, concurrent plans are welcomed.
                    Assuming Staley even believes JHs velocity is a factor in those drops. Id have to listen again, but it didn't look like that was the case.
                    Herbert is grinding away learning a new offense, maybe throwing habits are better tinkered with in the offseason.

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Resized_Screenshot_20211201-180938_Reddit.jpeg
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

That last sentence needs to be on a T-shirt. LOL!

:Cheers1:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Sorry for the re-post, I didn't see the original before I posted this, but it's relevant to the discussion.
                          glad KA has this perspective
                          Love KA and think he'll be an asset on and off the field as a mentor and teacher to our young WRs for years to come.

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                          X