:below:

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am not wasting my time to provide the obvious for you. Every semi-involved NFL football fan on this planet knows that teams have been doubling Hill a lot and playing deep cover shells against KC. The defenses are taking away the explosive deep passes that Mahomes prefers. If you do not believe me, feel free to do your own homework on that subject. It is the clear truth and whether or not I spend a bunch of time showing that to you does not change that.

Similarly, if you think defenses are playing the same coverages that I have just described above in the same way versus us, then I cannot help you as I have been assuming that you have actually been watching our team's games. Again, the truth does not change simply because you have not done your homework.

Offensively, it is clear that KC's offense and our ours are not similar. Again, if you cannot see that, please feel free to go back and watch all of the games of both teams. It is not worth my time to illustrate the obvious for you.

Finally, it is humorous in light of some of your contentions that you think that you are somehow waiting until now to "start making up shit". I think you have been pretty well on your way already.
      It wouldn't really be for my benefit; it should behoove anyone to attempt to have some grounded basis for one's theories that they so vigorously push on a skeptical population. Obvious to you perhaps, but to no one else here; and the point of argumentation is to convince. So it is strange to be so careless on the matter when you spend so much time arguing your point and demanding rigor only from others.

And your casual reference to Chief opponents game planning as one of "doubling Hill", employing "deep coverage shells", and taking away "explosive plays" has the appearance of being a wee bit unlearned on the matter: how about differences in attacking protection schemes, etc.... come on now, eh! The Chief's want to get Hill in space, not necessarily get him deep and they have been moving him around pre snap to counteract what defenses have been doing for the last 4 years. Re-framing the issue as one of K.C.'s offense being different than L.A.'s is spectacularly missing the point: yards per passing attempt by both offenses have gone done. The question is why? What are defenses doing to slow down these offenses, and why can't these offenses just break out? We at least know Andy Reid is a very competent offensive mind.

What both offenses share is:
      1. qbs with rocket arms and who can move around
      2. sub-par running games
      3. leaky protection issues
      4. a reliable 3rd / 4rth passing option

But the matter most pertinently involves the Chargers. Here's a little quote from their head coach: "One of the biggest issues for Herbert and the Chargers on their deep passing plays is the—as head coach Brandon Staley called it –– “concerted effort” by defenses to shut down Herbert’s cannon arm." Now how do you think defenses try to take away Herbert's cannon arm? By playing cover zero, or by sitting in those "deep coverage shells"? Perhaps you disagree with the head coach on the matter.

Am I wasting my time with you? I am really trying to be helpful in getting you to be more rigorous in your process of evaluating things.
      Are you so locked into your own little world that you cannot even remotely engage in basic modes of debate,
      but instead resort to re-framing issues, avoid presenting underlying evidence and punctuate things by making blanket accusations of your opponent
      making stuff up without carefully and ruthlessly detailing his deceptions? Is anyone who disagrees with you essentially making shit up?

As Oliver Cromwell famously said: "I beseech you in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It wouldn't really be for my benefit; it should behoove anyone to attempt to have some grounded basis for one's theories that they so vigorously push on a skeptical population. Obvious to you perhaps, but to no one else here; and the point of argumentation is to convince. So it is strange to be so careless on the matter when you spend so much time arguing your point and demanding rigor only from others.

And your casual reference to Chief opponents game planning as one of "doubling Hill", employing "deep coverage shells", and taking away "explosive plays" has the appearance of being a wee bit unlearned on the matter: how about differences in attacking protection schemes, etc.... come on now, eh! The Chief's want to get Hill in space, not necessarily get him deep and they have been moving him around pre snap to counteract what defenses have been doing for the last 4 years. Re-framing the issue as one of K.C.'s offense being different than L.A.'s is spectacularly missing the point: yards per passing attempt by both offenses have gone done. The question is why? What are defenses doing to slow down these offenses, and why can't these offenses just break out? We at least know Andy Reid is a very competent offensive mind.

2. sub-par running games

But the matter most pertinently involves the Chargers. Here's a little quote from their head coach: "One of the biggest issues for Herbert and the Chargers on their deep passing plays is the—as head coach Brandon Staley called it –– “concerted effort” by defenses to shut down Herbert’s cannon arm." Now how do you think defenses try to take away Herbert's cannon arm? By playing cover zero, or by sitting in those "deep coverage shells"? Perhaps you disagree with the head coach on the matter.

Am I wasting my time with you? I am really trying to be helpful in getting you to be more rigorous in your process of evaluating things.
        Are you so locked into your own little world that you cannot even remotely engage in basic modes of debate,
        but instead resort to re-framing issues, avoid presenting underlying evidence and punctuate things by making blanket accusations of your opponent
        making stuff up without carefully and ruthlessly detailing his deceptions? Is anyone who disagrees with you essentially making shit up?

As Oliver Cromwell famously said: "I beseech you in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken!"
        Yes you are wasting your time. He doesn't want to learn anything and thinks he knows more than NFL coaches.

11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes you are wasting your time. He doesn't want to learn anything and thinks he knows more than NFL coaches.
          Maybe we should just agree with him about Guyton & Palmer and he'll just go away.
          :sigh:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Maybe we should just agree with him about Guyton & Palmer and he'll just go away.
            Lol, maybe but it's tough to see takes from someone who has never played the game and acting so adament about him being right and dismissing everything else.
            It was easier for me to type his name in the ignore section.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Chargers have the #1 ranked offense in 4th quarter.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

2. sub-par running games

I am already on record as stating that Staley was covering for Lombardi when he made that statement. A person can say anything, but that does not mean that it is supported by reality.

The numbers simply do not support any sort of notion that we have made any sort of concerted effort to throw the ball deep until the last two games. When the QB throws the ball nearly instantly without letting a deep pass possibility develop, we are not trying to access the deep part of the field as Staley emphasized in the same discussion you referenced. The stats show that we are not holding the ball, have a small percentage of passes greater than 20 yards down the field and were in the bottom 7 in air yards per pass entering today's game up from the bottom 5 after the CIN game.

Do you think the last two defenses we faced just decided that they would not defend Herbert deep or do you think what happened was that we finally decided to throw the ball deep? The answer is crystal clear. The reason why we have thrown deep in the past two games is simply because we decided to take some shots.

It remains laughable that you think that defenses did not know that Herbert had a cannon arm last year and did not defend him accordingly last year.

I mean, I appreciate the dedication of some in trying to avoid admitting that I have been right all season long about the need to mix in some very deep passes, but it really is time to give it up. The offense did what I have advocated for it to do and the offense has looked its best all season by doing so.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  Chargers have the #1 ranked offense in 4th quarter.

image_2021-12-12_172149.png

True.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I said throw some very deep passes to Guyton. We have done so twice and have two very long TDs to show for it. Again and again and again Guyton gets huge separation on those plays as I have pointed out since the preseason.

Again, it would be virtually impossible for me to have been more right that I have been proven to be.

I could care less about whether or not you agree with me. I have already been proven right either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think there have been many times when many of us have known better than NFL coaches. You act like that is something unique or special. As I stated last year, an intelligent 12-year-old could be trained to have superior in game tactical abilities than Anthony Lynn.

Did you just forget about last year's clusterf*ck by Lynn?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am already on record as stating that Staley was covering for Lombardi when he made that statement. A person can say anything, but that does not mean that it is supported by reality.

The numbers simply do not support any sort of notion that we have made any sort of concerted effort to throw the ball deep until the last two games. When the QB throws the ball nearly instantly without letting a deep pass possibility develop, we are not trying to access the deep part of the field as Staley emphasized in the same discussion you referenced. The stats show that we are not holding the ball, have a small percentage of passes greater than 20 yards down the field and were in the bottom 7 in air yards per pass entering today's game up from the bottom 5 after the CIN game.

Do you think the last two defenses we faced just decided that they would not defend Herbert deep or do you think what happened was that we finally decided to throw the ball deep? The answer is crystal clear. The reason why we have thrown deep in the past two games is simply because we decided to take some shots.

It remains laughable that you think that defenses did not know that Herbert had a cannon arm last year and did not defend him accordingly last year.

I mean, I appreciate the dedication of some in trying to avoid admitting that I have been right all season long about the need to mix in some very deep passes, but it really is time to give it up. The offense did what I have advocated for it to do and the offense has looked its best all season by doing so.
                        Interesting that when we throw it deep, it opens up the short pass offense and ground game...it's like Lombo finally figured out what some of us have been banging the table for...

Comment

• kgbpasha
                          #болтап
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Lombardi would coach circles around anyone on this forum.
                          No one on this board even qualifies to even put that to the test so....move on.
                          #boltup

Comment

Working...
                          X