Chargers @ Bengals Pregame Discussion (wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that is obviously flawed...... which is obvious to naked eye.....
    If Herbert was an Evil Genius he could throw the Ball at Max Velocity at defensive players Heads and probably concuss them at ten yards downfield. Good thing he's a gentleman and a scholar!

:whistlin:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

If they play this game with last weeks lack of zeal, then it’s an overall attitude morale thingy. That is, if the right X’s and O’s were called and executed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        If they play this game with last weeks lack of zeal, then it’s an overall attitude morale thingy. That is, if the right X’s and O’s were called and executed.
        When our defenders engage 1x1 at the LOS and get blown 5 yards back and then try to tackle the ball carrier from the side as they fall backwards as he runs by them, letting him drive them another 3 or 4 yards before, if successful, they get him to ground, thats not Xs and Os. hate all you want but Staley’s defense with a single Aaron Donald snuffs that shit cold near the LOS. It’s players and we are recognizing our defenders that make a decent play two or three times in a 5-first down drive as the over achievers.

He doesn’t need a Donald, but he needs some DL that don’t get blown the fuck up 3 out of every 4 plays by 3rd string scrub OGs.

edit: I didn’t mean you personally, i meant generic TPB “you”.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I don't care how they do it. Offense gets 500 yards of offense and they win 41-38; or its a game like last year where the kicker misses a FG and the Chargers win 16-13.

I will say, in all likelihood the offense will have to be better than 7-14 on 3rd down conversion and the defense will need a stop or two more on 3rd. Bengals cannot be at over 70%

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If Herbert was an Evil Genius he could throw the Ball at Max Velocity at defensive players Heads and probably concuss them at ten yards downfield. Good thing he's a gentleman and a scholar!

Seriously though, he should be able to get DPI calls by quickly getting the ball in the vicinity of any holding.
            especially on 4th down and everyone is covered pretty well

game of milliseconds sometimes
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Seriously though, he should be able to get DPI calls by quickly getting the ball in the vicinity of any holding.
              especially on 4th down and everyone is covered pretty well

game of milliseconds sometimes
              True, this, but it is one of those things that will come with more experience. Rodgers and Brady execute this with regularity. With more experience under his belt, JH will, too.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

When our defenders engage 1x1 at the LOS and get blown 5 yards back and then try to tackle the ball carrier from the side as they fall backwards as he runs by them, letting him drive them another 3 or 4 yards before, if successful, they get him to ground, thats not Xs and Os. hate all you want but Staley’s defense with a single Aaron Donald snuffs that shit cold near the LOS. It’s players and we are recognizing our defenders that make a decent play two or three times in a 5-first down drive as the over achievers.

He doesn’t need a Donald, but he needs some DL that don’t get blown the fuck up 3 out of every 4 plays by 3rd string scrub OGs.

edit: I didn’t mean you personally, i meant generic TPB “you”.
                How about just getting back to fundamentals and correct tackling technique? I'm seeing our D overpursue, take bad angles and whiff WAY too much...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How about just getting back to fundamentals and correct tackling technique? I'm seeing our D overpursue, take bad angles and whiff WAY too much...
                  I kind of think so. Even on offense. Narrow the play book and do 10-12 plays at a top level. Maybe thats not the answer

I hope the DL gets rotated more tomorrow; I hope Staley brings the blitz a lot more tomorrow and yes, guys just need to tackle better. Don't go for the spectacular hit or play - just make the basic play

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Fun video comparison of Herbert vs. Burrow....you be the judge!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

been readin' this thread, and impressed @how impassioned alot of you still are.... we are Die Hards,

list of players I'd like to see more of >> Jared Cook, Covington, Kemon Hall, Jaimes, Joshua Kelley, Tre' McKitty, Parham
                      dudes I'd be bringing up from the ps >> Darius Bradwell, KJ Hill, Forrest Merrill

list of players I'd like to see on the field a bit less >> Fehoko, Gaziano, Gilman, Guyton, Kelemete, Rountree, Tranq

still not convinced that Kelley is as bad as plenty make him out to be.... would like to see us throw the ball to him a bit, and get him to break it outside instead of most always being sent between the tackles, and.... know that some abhor the idea of bringing Hill back, but again.... not convinced he doesn't have more than he's shown to date.... we need someone to get open quickly, rather than on routes that develop up/off the route tree.

also like what little I have seen of Bradwell.... he's not the answer, but don't think he's a problem either, and.... don't think we can't not start Jaimes.... know it could be a blow to his confidence, and notably no one is gonna follow up on Slater's act, and.... not into wooden soldiers/electric foosball players on the Oline.

will also volunteer that we need to be in two tight end sets most all the time.... our wideouts aren't getting it done, and me thinx 'tis primarily because we've erased the longball from our playbook, and taken out a very important dimension to our offense, and to Guyton's repertoire.

on the Dline, think Covington has been reasonably productive, and personally think Merrill has the highest upside of the UDFAs we've been putting out there, and.... do like Tillery some, but we have to play Justin Jones the majority of snaps in there, unless an obvious passing situation, albeit we are in a tough way without Joseph.

we have not replaced our losses from last year on D.... Murray is not spelling Denzel on run D, we are two concussions out from replacing Hayward (injuries, especially to players slighter than not, are part of the eval process), and know SupaMel wasn't quite that, and.... we haven't replaced what he once was for our D.

and in case it wasn't clear, this would be some of my thinking, albeit rather ad lib:

Cook, McKitty, Parham, Hill >> Guyton, SA
                      Covington, Merrill >> Fehoko, Gaziano
                      Kemon >> Gilman, Tranq
                      Jaimes >> Senio
                      Bradwell, Kelley >> Nabers, Rountree
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

lol

Comment

Working...
                        X