Kenneth Murray Is Not Playing Much...WHY?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PopWarner
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Kenneth Murray Is Not Playing Much...WHY?

He had 15 snaps last week. Then 9 snaps this week. Any reason?
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Because Tillery is on his last season with us and so Telesco needed another first round bust defender on the roster to give us hope for a few more years....
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Because he is not fully healthy yet with his ankle.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Because he is not playing well, not grasping the defense, and right now there are better options at LB with a healthy Tranquill and White. I'm still at a loss to understand why Telesco drafted him let alone trading away both 2nd day picks to move up for him. I wanted Jonathon Taylor in the 2nd round in last year's draft, and he was available when the Chargers would have drafted in the 2nd. Murray is a good athlete and hopefully he starts to "get it" soon and justify his draft position. There was talk about trying him out as an edge rusher like the 'Boys have done with Micah Parsons but I haven't seen that yet.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Because he is not playing well, not grasping the defense, and right now there are better options at LB with a healthy Tranquill and White. I'm still at a loss to understand why Telesco drafted him let alone trading away both 2nd day picks to move up for him. I wanted Jonathon Taylor in the 2nd round in last year's draft, and he was available when the Chargers would have drafted in the 2nd. Murray is a good athlete and hopefully he starts to "get it" soon and justify his draft position. There was talk about trying him out as an edge rusher like the 'Boys have done with Micah Parsons but I haven't seen that yet.
          Micah Parsons has been great for Dallas. I’d love it if Murray could make even a fraction of that impact

Comment

• Tol
            From Accounting
            • Mar 2019
            • Carlsbad
            • Send PM

I recall Telesco saying it was coach Lynn who was pounding the table to draft Murray.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              i think Lynn fought hard to draft him. Lynn did not want to draft Herbert.........

I think Staley will get some better defensive players in off season after this season of learning what we have or do not have......

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

i think Lynn fought hard to draft him. Lynn did not want to draft Herbert.........

I think Staley will get some better defensive players in off season after this season of learning what we have or do not have......
                Staley was hired in January and had a good amount of time before the draft and FA period to evaluate game film.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

How's Lynn doin in Detroit? Oh wait NM.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Because Tillery is on his last season with us and so Telesco needed another first round bust defender on the roster to give us hope for a few more years....
                    Who is one of the only players who gives the team pass rush on the interior in the middle of the defense, which the team really sucks at and needs more of, and is very underrated and being used as a whipping boy.

Kenneth Murray got a lot of hype. Maybe he's injured, so the coaches are limiting him. But it still doesn't excuse that he hasn't been playing well.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                      I recall Telesco saying it was coach Lynn who was pounding the table to draft Murray.
                      He did - Lynn REALLY wanted him. TT got him and...we have a player who is a long way from living up to where he was picked.

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He did - Lynn REALLY wanted him. TT got him and...we have a player who is a long way from living up to where he was picked.
                        Went back and looked at some scouting reports... yikes.

I also remember the Ravens fans were super scared we traded up to take Queen.

One scout said Queen would be a bad fit for an odd front, but he's the leading tackler for the Ravens odd front.

Comment

Working...
                        X