Film Study : The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week12 vs DEN)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study : The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (week12 vs DEN)

Welcome back diehards. This weeks film study revealed quite a few things to me about playcalling, so much so that I will have to make a separate thread with videos for playcalling alone. Still there was no shortage of plays to choose from to make good bad and ugly. Lets dive in

Good:
    2nd Quarter 3:38 on the clock ball on 30yrd line
    Derwin. Thats all I need to say

Bad:
    1st Quarter 9:51 on the clock ball on 9yrd line
    Here we see good initial coverage from Chargers. Bosa goes inside and loses contain, White is slow to react then doubles down with bad angle and low effort allowing Teddy to dance the sideline and score. Bad bad play.

Ugly:
    4th quarter 10:54 on the clock ball on 49yrd line
    After a chunk screen play from DEN, we see another HB pass into the flat. Campbell misses, White takes a terrible angle and himself out of the play. DEN with a big gain ready to score. The Cherry on top is Tillery with roughing the passer at the end.

Honorable Mentions:

Hon1
    Bosa with a huge whiff, but also check out Murray and White being completely lost

Hon2
    Herbert playing backyard ball to Cook. Look for this combo again later in season for a hail mary

be sure to check out my other thread on playcalling (too much to fit here)

As always
    luv ya
    -Chillies
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Regarding #2, why do we get gashed so much by QB scrambles? Maybe because BridgeH20 doesn't have a rep as a scrambler?

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

That 3rd one was hard to watch. That pretty much somes up how the team has been playing.

Comment

Working...
      X