Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are not going to want to hear this, but IMO there is zero connection between Aboushi's injury and TDs produced by Williams. None of the first 6 TDs were produced because of some sort of great protection. 4 of them were either very short and/or quick throws of 3, 4, 12 and 20 yards. The 20 yard TD pass was a quick pass straight up the sideline into the end zone against KC.

The two long ones were the broken coverage plays against CLE.

Guyton's TD against CIN was similar to one of the blown coverages against CLE in that it featured Herbert rolling to the right, planting and throwing back to the left. And Williams has had multiple additional long pass receptions since Aboushi's injury, but they just happened not to go for a TD. He also caught a medium pass and ran an additional 36 yards for his only other TD this season (versus PIT).

Part of the difference has been that Allen has become slightly more involved in the offense as the season has progressed (47 versus 39 receptions in the second 6 versus first 6 games and 3 TDs versus 1 during that time period). Another part is that Williams has been banged up some in the games after Aboushi went down. And still another part is that both Palmer and Guyton have TD receptions in the last 6 games.

So the WR receptions overall for the top 4 WRs were 7 in the first 6 games and 6 in the past 6 games--really not a big difference.

I think you have identified a correlation, but you have not identified any sort of causation between the number of TDs Williams has and the presence of Aboushi on the field.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

reChain you were right

I was also happy to see this change of formation for shotgun run

Makes me wonder if Lombardi is in here reading this
      :toyou:
      rejoice Charger fans, we got what we wanted in spectacular fashion.

Enjoy it together

Comment

Working...
      X