If Scho and Kelemete are Starters, Why are QBerry and Jaimes Still on the Roster?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

If Scho and Kelemete are Starters, Why are QBerry and Jaimes Still on the Roster?

You would think that if there's an injury to a player (Aboushi, Feiler and Bulaga), that a team would promote the next player up in the depth chart. But no, not the Chargers. Instead of promoting Q-Berry and Jaimes to fill in for the injured Aboushi and Feiler, TT instead goes dumpster diving and grabs dudes like Schofield and Kelemete. What a disaster, as evidenced by all those hurries this undynamic duo gave up in the Donks game.

You would think you promote the players who have been practicing all season long, are familiar with the playbook, etc. But no. Not the Chargers. Now, in the case of Norton, the Bolts DID promote him to starter when Bulaga got hurt. But what about Pip? How many snaps does he get a game? No starting snaps, just a few ST snaps. Why is Pip still on the roster? Okay, I might understand they want to reserve Q-Berry in case Lindsley gets hurt. But if Jaimes isn't ready, shouldn't he be on the PS? SMH...

roster.JPG
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Having 8 OL on the active 46 is too many. It's a waste when the backups don't see that many snaps. One of the other positions on the roster could use the vacancy of one of the O-linemen more.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
      Having 8 OL on the active 46 is too many. It's a waste when the backups don't see that many snaps. One of the other positions on the roster could use the vacancy of one of the O-linemen more.
      Yep...for example, I'd send Pip down to the non-protected PS, and activate someone like Fireplug Forrest to keep our IDL guys fresh in the rotation...

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Because Qberry is our backup OC.
        Jaimes is still developing his NFL strength profile.
        We are already down 3 starters on the OL, depth is critical. 3 backups for 5 spots is not many.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          We are already down 3 starters on the OL, depth is critical. 3 backups for 5 spots is not many.
          I call BS on Jaimes, I’m sure he’s plenty strong to fill in at this level. If he’s not playing over the trash that are, it’s something else going on.

But whatever, we draft OL (and DL) for shit.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I call BS on Jaimes, I’m sure he’s plenty strong to fill in at this level. If he’s not playing over the trash that are, it’s something else going on.

But whatever, we draft OL (and DL) for shit.
            Yep...agree...okay, maybe on Q-berry they want to hold him in reserve for C, but Jaimes...if the dude gets jumped over by scrubs like Scho and Kelemete, then move Jaimes to the PS or the protected PS and get someone who can actually play...

Comment

Exactly this.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Bolts must be hesitant to put Jaimes on unprotected PS due to possibility of poaching...must not be any room on protected PS for him...

Comment

Working...
                X