Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ok Parham. Glad to see it. I really liked Parham's game this season and what I thought he could bring. Big guy, pretty good hands and a shifty runner. Was really worried when he went down last night so this is great news. Sounds like no long term issues.
    the last few weeks I have found myself really looking for him coming in and out of the huddle because I really like how his game is progressing. He is not a great blocker, but he has had some games where he has been a decent blocker, even though he is more of a receiver overall.

I think we are set enough at TE to not need to rush him back. He should take all the time he needs, and maybe a little more just cause. But I really hope he can come back because he is an exciting young player who seems poised on really becoming a top player. He wasn't there yet, but that was part of the fun of watching him play every week.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
      There are plenty of decent KC fans. Not fair to judge the whole of them by the worst of them. I’ve seen poor behavior from Charger fans.

So glad that Parham is ok.
      If the Chargers won a few Super Bowls, and this forum converges into the green oozing toxic slime that is the KC Chief's forum,
      most of us here would leave.

Leave the forum to the likes of Charger @unt, Powder blue bitch, Bolt hard up & the others, with their endless bickering and creative employment of rape metaphors to describe any and everything.

Yes, glad Parham is ok. Have him sit out the rest of the year..

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

I AGREE
        It might be a good idea to sit out the year.(not a doctor)
        If not his "career".
        Football is a measly game.
        Life is sort this world is tough.
        If he can walk out of that bless him.
        That is the victory in itself.
        That makes me happy.
        So happy for that.
        The NFL will forget but his family will never forget.
        Look at are brotha in the lord JR!
        obviously jmo.
        It's up to him.
        just saying I think it's great he's ok.
        As bad as that looked, I've seen a handful of players get concussions with that same arms reaction which for some reason, seems typical.

Anquan Boldin was one and he came back some weeks later.

I'm not discounting his injury at all, just saying it isn't career ending IF he wants to play.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As bad as that looked, I've seen a handful of players get concussions with that same arms reaction which for some reason, seems typical.

I'm not discounting his injury at all, just saying it isn't career ending IF he wants to play.
          I agree. It may not even be season-ending. If he wants to keep playing, and he is medically cleared by medical professionals who know what they are doing, that is all that matters.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I saw similar reaction during a pro boxing match. Dude was knocked out cold but arms extended out. I think it's the brain going into protection mod eperhaps?

The fencing response is associated with traumatic brain injuries (TBI), such as concussions. The fencing response, which is when a person’s forearms extend after injury, is studied as a diagnostic tool for doctors to use in determining the severity of TBI. This article will give you all the details you need to know.

Edit: Said boxer went on to a 10-3 record after that knockout.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I saw similar reaction during a pro boxing match. Dude was knocked out cold but arms extended out. I think it's the brain going into protection mod eperhaps?

The fencing response is associated with traumatic brain injuries (TBI), such as concussions. The fencing response, which is when a person’s forearms extend after injury, is studied as a diagnostic tool for doctors to use in determining the severity of TBI. This article will give you all the details you need to know.

Edit: Said boxer went on to a 10-3 record after that knockout.
              I saw something similar for a novice pilot undergoing centrifuge training for the first time: he passed out at 7 g, and did a strange forward arm gesturing routine.

Boxer should have probably retired; that damage continues with them.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                There are plenty of decent KC fans. Not fair to judge the whole of them by the worst of them. I’ve seen poor behavior from Charger fans.

So glad that Parham is ok.
                No doubt
                and I'll try not to generalize
                But seriously, a large group of them tried to start the KC chant thing with while Parham was on the ground.
                and I didn't count a single KC player taking a knee next to like most of the Chargers offense.
                Its hard to imagine a group of Charger fans yelling
                CHARGE!! If Kelce was being carried off on a stretcher
                or not a single Charger defender on a knee
                Is what it is I guess
                .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No doubt
                  and I'll try not to generalize
                  But seriously, a large group of them tried to start the KC chant thing with while Parham was on the ground.
                  and I didn't count a single KC player taking a knee next to like most of the Chargers offense.
                  Its hard to imagine a group of Charger fans yelling
                  CHARGE!! If Kelce was being carried off on a stretcher
                  or not a single Charger defender on a knee
                  Is what it is I guess
                  Winning Super bowls perhaps attracts a different sort of fan: arrogant, mean spirited, selfish, classless.....

There is something wrong with a large percentage of their fans....not necessary to assign a number to that percent.
                  The origin of my disgust stems from checking different AFC west & Patriot fan forums right after Jr. Seau committed suicide.

Each one of them, Patriot, Raider, Bronco forums were respectful; the Chief's forum was different: most were cracking jokes about his suicide.

Collectively, the worst group of fans in the league.

What you tell me about their own players, and watching Mahomes pound his chest and point to the Charger sideline after the game winning
                  td indicates that the entire franchise just sucks.

One forum member wanted to bring in Breeland, after his altercation with Viking players and staff. Breeland was a former Chief.
                  They have few standards for player conduct....only performance matters. It shows up in the type of children Andy Reid raised.....or failed to raise
                  as an absentee father. Harsh words, but then again his inebriated son recently killed someone.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Staley should play that clip of Mohomo doin that right before we play those scumbags in thr POs.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Staley should play that clip of Mohomo doin that right before we play those scumbags in thr POs.
                      Yep...put that video clip of Patrick taunting, put it on a loop in a tablet, (or better yet, a large screen monitor) and set it up on a stand in the locker room before the Bolts take the field...video bulletin board material...

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

Went to a Charger game in KC in '07 or '08 and found the KC fans to be cordial and personable.
                        At the TNF game there was a KC fan in our section doing the tomahawk chop while Parham was down, I dismissed it as the guy being clueless or impaired. Maybe their fanbase has changed?
                        Mahomes is easy to dislike, similar attitude to Cutler.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I saw something similar for a novice pilot undergoing centrifuge training for the first time: he passed out at 7 g, and did a strange forward arm gesturing routine.

Boxer should have probably retired; that damage continues with them.
                          Boxers...like pro football players are willing to give up some of their later years in exchange for really great prime years I guess.

The Parham injury must've occurred when the back of his head hit the field. Perhaps him having a longer torso provided more leverage to deliver greater force/whiplash? Our brains aren't developed to move into 2 different directions so quickly like that.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍