• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

A good buddy of mine is a Chiefs fan, and is relatively normal and well adjusted. It's tempting to lump opposing fans together but it's not an accurate picture. I've seen quite a few Bolts fans at StubHub and SoFi that are quite obnoxious. That said, F the Chiefs, Donks, and Raiders. It's our time now.

Comment

• TTThunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Any update on Parham?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post
        Any update on Parham?
        They practice today, he'll be on the injury report, won't know if he'll play this week.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
          A good buddy of mine is a Chiefs fan, and is relatively normal and well adjusted. It's tempting to lump opposing fans together but it's not an accurate picture. I've seen quite a few Bolts fans at StubHub and SoFi that are quite obnoxious. That said, F the Chiefs, Donks, and Raiders. It's our time now.
          My Pastor is a Chefs fan. He is a good guy, he is also an extreme outlier for Chefs fans. I am sure there are some good fans out there. Just not the vast majority who are the worst of the worst.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

My Pastor is a Chefs fan. He is a good guy, he is also an extreme outlier for Chefs fans. I am sure there are some good fans out there. Just not the vast majority who are the worst of the worst.
            My Pastor is a 9ers fan (and Giants). Because he and I are close friends, he pulls for the Bolts as long as they aren't playing the 8ers.

So are most of my Grandkids. It has to do with where they were raised.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

This is a really good video explaining what happened to DPar on the concussion play. Keep in mind, this was recorded the night Parham was injured and little is known about his condition. This doc just explains what happens to the brain during an injury like what DPar suffered.

I am glad that DPar has had a complete recovery and is cleared and reportedly eager to resume his football career. I think he was really starting to come on late in the season. The catch he made (until he jarred his head) is indicative of his progress, it was a big time NFL grab that shoulda/woulda/coulda been a TD.

That said, my biggest concern for Parham is having a repeat that kind of injury. Parham didn't go to the ground leading with his head, he was actually on his back when he made the catch. But his head snapped backward and the back of his head struck the ground with force. It's not an injury you see very often in the NFL, and I do wonder if his size had something to do with it. A smaller man may not have had his head snap back like that, or he might have been able to prevent it from snapping back with such force. Thoughts? What do you see watching video of the injury?

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

My Pastor is a 9ers fan (and Giants). Because he and I are close friends, he pulls for the Bolts as long as they aren't playing the 8ers.

So are most of my Grandkids. It has to do with where they were raised.
                My last employer was an SF native & 9er fan. He got me for $50 in the SD v SF SB. I was angry that SD was getting no respect. Dumb bet.
                We got along well otherwise.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Someone has bet on the Chargers in 1995's Superbowl ?
                  I don't understand.They were supposed to lose at PIT the week before !

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

My last employer was an SF native & 9er fan. He got me for $50 in the SD v SF SB. I was angry that SD was getting no respect. Dumb bet.
                    We got along well otherwise.
                    Welcome to the club, I lost 80 bones on SB bets, too. I did win 20 on the AFC Championship game against the Steelers, that was some consolation.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                      San Diego Native
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Farmington, NM
                      • Send PM

I always bet against the Chargers (or Padres) in the playoffs. If they win, I'm too happy to care that I lost money. If they lose I'm bummed, but at hey, at least I won some money!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post
                        I always bet against the Chargers (or Padres) in the playoffs. If they win, I'm too happy to care that I lost money. If they lose I'm bummed, but at hey, at least I won some money!
                        Damn, thats a horrible life perspective imo. I never bet against the Chargers. if i think they are so overmatched they cannot win, i just don’t bet - I’d never get against them

I never bet on baseball either way.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                          San Diego Native
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Farmington, NM
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Damn, thats a horrible life perspective imo. I never bet against the Chargers. if i think they are so overmatched they cannot win, i just don’t bet - I’d never get against them

I never bet on baseball either way.
                          It's not a life perspective. Betting against the Chargers/Padres in the playoffs is merely a means of buffering potential disappointment. I'm thrilled if they win and crushed if the lose. But if they lose, at least I won some money.

Comment

Working...
                          X