• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

OT - Ill Be On A Little Sabbatical

Just gonna take some me time. Not worry about this place and all that goes into it behind the scenes. I just had to facetime my dog being put down at home in SD. Im not in a great headspace to deal with all the stuff that goes into this place. The moderating of emotions and rules etc. I think to some extent ill always feel like a stepfather to most of you newer members. lol It takes it toll on me ill admit.

I need to take a little time. If you have issues with things reach out to Bolt O. He can contact me for big stuff that needs done. But i tend to stress here. Its not as easy as most of you may think. Tech issues. Constant breaking up of battles. The total misinterpreting of things said and ensuing attacks. The appetite of some to push my buttons in regards to constantly invading the boundaries i create in regards to the rules. That are in place to protect everyone here...not just some.

Its just football. Think we all could use some help with the way we communicate. But for me personally sometimes i get so caught up in the inner workings of this site...the fixing of it etc...that i dont get to share my opinions like i used to. And when i do i tend to feel like an outsider here. Bound to happen when you merge forums i guess.

We have an offer on the table to sell as well. Something i want to look at. Cheers to all.

• jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

sorry to hear Fleet. I had to put my dog down earlier this year and I bawled before I could even spit the words out to the vet to put her down. I feel you brothuh!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Hope your back for the playoffs, sorry about your Dog Fleet
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• madcaplaughs
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Hey Fleet,

So sorry about your dog. That's a hurt many of us have endured. No friend compares to a dog friend.

I hate to hear your joy is being sapped by having to deal with squabbles, etc. It seems that the internet blurrs the lines regarding what's proper, and what's mean spirited. The kind of thing we'd never dream about saying with a human in front of us, we don't hesitate to write in anonyminty.

Thank you so much for all of the effort and care you put into this site. It's great that a San Diego ex-patriot can get so much information and insight.

I've been a fan since I was a kid, and am fairly aged now : ), so a site like this is a great benefit to me.

John

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

So sorry about your loss. We all have your back, Fleet.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Peace to you, Fleet

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

Sending peace and love brother...
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Sorry to hear about your loss Fleet. I’d like to send best wishes your way. Look forward to seeing you back here very soon hopefully!
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

I just want to put this out there as well. In regards to Ninja. Because i think im am getting blamed for his absence. I have been really vocal about the rules here. I dont know how many times ive had to warn the same members over and over again. Ill do a 24 hour ban after a warning. If it happens again....ill do a week if i feel its needed. I put him on a week ban. That was up days ago. Him not being here is his choice. There is no need to send me PMs asking why he isnt here. Im just gonna say it in this thread. It was never personal.

I have probably 10 monster PMs with him and Wu. I love the guy to death. But running this forum has to be done in a way that is fair for everybody. I am not left nor right. I am a spiritual man but dont judge others and force my beliefs on anyone. I definitely wont attack someone for their personal beliefs. These are reasons why the rules are in place. To protect everyone. I dont want to be part of a click. I dont want to run off anyone who doesnt think like i do. I just want to be fair and do whats right for this community as a whole. So thats that.

Its never personal. I have to do my job here. And i wont ever change that. So if you dont think you can be here and play by the same rules that all of us do....find another place that allows you to be more free? This is me talking to everyone here at the Blues. Not to Ninja.

Cheers

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Sincerest condolences Fleet on the loss of your beloved pet, Duke.

Regarding ninja, I do hope like heck he comes back with a renewed perspective,
                    as his football content is top tier.

One final editorial comment. The monster PMs with Fleet and ninja have been pure joy, and thus I know what a great man Fleet is.

He gives his body and soul to us and what a gift it all is.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• nomad1946
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2017
                      • West Yellowstone, Montana
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Fleet, take the time you need. I am sorry about your pet, I had to put my last Beagle down a couple of years ago, it is tough. It had to be even worse not to be there.
                      I have a hard time understanding why people get to fighting and whatnot on a forum devoted to a sports team.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                        Just gonna take some me time. Not worry about this place and all that goes into it behind the scenes. I just had to facetime my dog being put down at home in SD. Im not in a great headspace to deal with all the stuff that goes into this place. The moderating of emotions and rules etc. I think to some extent ill always feel like a stepfather to most of you newer members. lol It takes it toll on me ill admit.

I need to take a little time. If you have issues with things reach out to Bolt O. He can contact me for big stuff that needs done. But i tend to stress here. Its not as easy as most of you may think. Tech issues. Constant breaking up of battles. The total misinterpreting of things said and ensuing attacks. The appetite of some to push my buttons in regards to constantly invading the boundaries i create in regards to the rules. That are in place to protect everyone here...not just some.

Its just football. Think we all could use some help with the way we communicate. But for me personally sometimes i get so caught up in the inner workings of this site...the fixing of it etc...that i dont get to share my opinions like i used to. And when i do i tend to feel like an outsider here. Bound to happen when you merge forums i guess.

We have an offer on the table to sell as well. Something i want to look at. Cheers to all.
                        My prayers are with you, Fleet. Okay, everybody, let's all BE NICE TO EACH OTHER while Fleet is away! Can we do it? Yes, we can!

Comment

Working...
                        X